“Lovely pub.”

The Queen's Inn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Hawkhurst
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely pub.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The pub is lovely, the interior is shabby chic and it's very nice. Both cosy and friendly. The prices I think may need a little work, both on drinks and food. A round for the two of us costs around £10, with a beer and a wine. My partner loved the steak that he order but again a little overpriced. I had the queens burger. It is literally a burger in a bun. No sauce. No cheese. No onions. Yes just a burger in a bun. It comes with chips and costs you over £10. It was nice but not worth the money. The staff are lovely and very friendly. I'd go back there for the atmosphere and friendly vibe.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 401eag

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Visited for my mother in laws 80th birthday lunch and was very impressed from the moment we walked in. The Queens Inn has a lovely cosy and friendly atmosphere . The food was delicious- I had the lamb tagine and it was cooked to perfection. Would love visit again for an evening meal- hope hubby's reading this! Please visit- you won't be disappointed.

Hastings, United Kingdom
“80th Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

O M G! Just had to write and say what a fabulous experience we had at 'The Queens.' A real warm and friendly welcome from all staff. A beautiful table decocorated and set to accomodate all nine of us. The food was excellent, I selected a 'Limousine fillet steak' from the Chefs' special board, and can honestly say it was the best steak I have ever eaten. Well done 'The Queens' you really looked after us, we can't wait for our next occassion, we'll definitely be back

• Visited February 2014
Melbourne
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We wanted a good Sunday lunch for a family gathering on Easter Sunday, including kids and chose the newly refurbished Queen's inn. It was a wet day so the roaring fire was welcoming and character of the place friendly.
We ate in the bar. The kids had plenty of choice and the adults all chose the roast dinner. Between us we had lamb, beef and pork which was all cooked beautifully (quite rare and succulent)! The gravy was excellent also.
Everyone had dessert ... The lemon tart was very popular and also the ice cream!
Staff were welcoming and friendly.
Will definitely return!

• Visited April 2014
Robertsbridge
“Mid week evening meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. I have not been to the Queens for a long time and it was quite a dark and dingy place. Now it has been refurbished and is open, light and airy. With different areas with comfy cars, bar dining or a restaurant. Attention to detail is good and the staff are very helpful and friendly.
The menu that we had mid week was not extensive but plenty of choice. Food was freshly cooked and all that we had was locally sourced. There were four of us having a meal and I did use Groupon vouchers that I had but even if I didn't have the vouchers the food was priced sensibly and wouldn't have been overly expensive. A lovely evening in a lovely venue. I almost forgot the toilets, which to me is an important aspect of any establishment.They are well maintained and clean and have lovely granite wash basins. I will be going back to the Queens.

• Visited March 2014