“Revamped and overpriced”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went on Friday May16th.Lunch for 3 people.No one else there. Ambience nil. Waited quite a while for main course- fish and chips. Nice chips but ordinary tail piece of fish not top quality but cost £13.50.
Dessert of meringue plus pistachio ice cream was really disappointing. Meringue was like a brick and dry inside and the ice cream tasted sour and unpleasant. My husbands dessert of panacotta and rhubarb custard was pretty small considering the price was in the region of £5.95 to £6.50.
Altogether a rip off. Won't be recommending or visiting again.

2  Thank Eve J

Reviewed 7 May 2014

A beautiful venue with gorgeous high ceiling and grand windows. Excellent Decor in the new bar and restaurant. Fabulous outside space. Great menu choices ,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Queens was a favourite of ours but standards dropped under the previous owners and we stopped going. Pleased to discover the new owners have revitalised this lovely property.
We had Sunday lunch; my wife and daughter's roast rib of beef was declared excellent. I opted for cod with triple cooked chips with crushed peas; the fish was beautifully fresh and a good size. The waitress confirmed they use local suppliers wherever possible making as much as they can themselves, which includes their bread. Well done; we will be back

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The pub is lovely, the interior is shabby chic and it's very nice. Both cosy and friendly. The prices I think may need a little work, both on drinks and food. A round for the two of us costs around £10, with a beer and a wine. My partner loved the steak that he order but again a little overpriced. I had the queens burger. It is literally a burger in a bun. No sauce. No cheese. No onions. Yes just a burger in a bun. It comes with chips and costs you over £10. It was nice but not worth the money. The staff are lovely and very friendly. I'd go back there for the atmosphere and friendly vibe.

1  Thank 401eag
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Visited for my mother in laws 80th birthday lunch and was very impressed from the moment we walked in. The Queens Inn has a lovely cosy and friendly atmosphere . The food was delicious- I had the lamb tagine and it was cooked to perfection. Would love visit again for an evening meal- hope hubby's reading this! Please visit- you won't be disappointed.