“The best bed and breakfast I've ever stayed at.”

Tudor Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Hawkhurst B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“The best bed and breakfast I've ever stayed at.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Beautiful welcoming people. Very comfortable immaculate rooms in a nice quiet area. Hands down the best shower of anywhere I stayed in the uk and possibly the best cooked breakfast I've ever eaten. I felt thoroughly spoilt.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Rosemarie & husband clearly want you to 'want for nothing'. But tastes differ and as I tend more towards the simple I found it almost too cosy at the expense of natural. I'm not comfortable with waste and everything provided - cotton buds, razors etc - come packed in plastic. I understand the need to show items are clean and unused but the house is so clean I'd trust them! The dressing gowns and slippers must increase the daily washload significantly. Hair and body products were not cheap brands, but there were no simple/organic options for anyone wanting to avoid chemical and paraben overload. Towels were softened with lots of scented fabric conditioner. I don't think they need to change a lot, just be a little more environmentally conservative. You can't help but want to preserve the lovely countryside you see out of the window. This doesn't detract from the quality of care - which was lovely. The welcome is great. Breakfast was great. They've thought of everything (good lighting around the external doors and paths). You will feel pampered.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Purple room. Everything worked ok. My partner felt the bed was too big for the ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Don't be deceived by first appearances, the external view of this property does not do it justice as it looks neat but a tad dull! However, before we'd even made it out of the car Rosemarie came out to welcome us and gave us a friendly and informative tour, making sure we had all the information needed for a comfortable stay. The Tudor Rose is immaculate throughout and the bedrooms and en suites are very thoughtfully kitted out with everything you might need, and more! The breakfasts, I agree, are superb. We had an excellent two-day stay here and would definitely recommend. Thank you Rosemarie!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

After going to stay with family for a few days my Husband and I decided to spend a couple of extra days in Kent, but had no idea where to stay. After driving through Hawkhurst , a village we know well, we happened across this Bed and Breakfast without a booking. After the lovely Landlady Rosemarie welcomed us with opened arms we decided to give it a try.

We were asked if we would like to see the available rooms and were given the choice of which one we liked the best. My choice was the Purple room, not just because of the large size but the stunning views across rolling hills surrounding this lovely place.

There were so many extras that I would myself have to class this as a small Boutique Hotel not just a simple B+B. Slippers, a lovely array of bathing products, buscuits to accompany our tea and coffee in our room, a large amount of hanging space with ample hangers (a pet hate of mine in other establishments it has to be said!).

Rosemarie and Michael were the perfect hosts. We had the space and time we needed in the lovely living area and conservatory, but if we needed anything they were always available and nothing was of any trouble.

The bed I have to say was the most comfortable I have experienced in a long time with fresh smelling bed linen, and along with the correctly positioned TV my husband and I didn't want to get up the next morning!

But we are glad we did! Rosemary was kind enough to serve us breakfast a little later due to our lie in. This was EXQUSITE, and just walking down the stairs to the aroma was heaven in itself . We were informed that all ingredients were locally sourced (a very important factor to me) and that you could tell without a doubt. The breakfast was just simply the icing on the cake to a wonderful stay. Just wish it could have been longer.

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We arrived here unannounced and was surprised to find how spotlessly clean and tidy all the bedrooms were when shown around.
We stayed in the "black" room and couldn't fault it. It had everything you need from slippers to shoe polish to razors.
Breakfast was faultless and extras provided with no questions.
On departure the hosts were as friendly as upon arrival.
We would recommend this to anyone looking for a B&B in the area.
10/10 :-)
02/03/13

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The rooms each have their own stamp on it. With en-suite bathrooms. Extremely clean and the owners are very friendly and helpful. I was made to feel very welcome when arriving.. Breakfast was superb, everything was beautifully cooked and well presented.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Cally1956
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for one night for a friends wedding in September 2012 and were very impressed. We stayed in their smallest room the purple one and while it is compact it is beautifully finished with lovely on suite shower room. Lots of nice little touches such as tea and coffee and bottled water, range of toiletries, bathrobes, slippers etc.The owner was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawkhurst
The George Hotel
Orchard Way Bed & Breakfast
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak
#7 of 7 in Hawkhurst

Been to Tudor Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!