“Rude staff/ owner”

Kino Digital Cinema
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hawkhurst
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A state-of-the-art digital cinema and stylish cafe-bar in the heart of the Weald of Kent. Fully accessible by wheelchair.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rude staff/ owner”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

When arriving at the cinema it was very busy. We queued for a drink and was served by a lady, I think maybe the owner as I don't think she'd keep her job for long if she wasn't. She was very abrupt, we asked what beer they do and received the answer ' well what do you want?....I want to know what beers you have?! She basically chucked the drinks at us and took our money saying to bare minimal. Anyway, the cinema itself is simply a cinema with some alcoholic beverages and that's about it. I'd say convenient for the older generation but due to the staff, bearing in mind we live in hawkhurst, I'd prefer to drive to an odeon on cineworld.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank 401eag
KinoDigital, Owner at Kino Digital Cinema, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
As the owner I am very disappointed to read your review, and can only apologise that the member of staff who served you came across as abrupt - I am certain that this was not her intention as we are generally praised for our friendly and attentive customer service. Please could you advise when you visited Kino (date and time) so that I may investigate further and respond in full? Thank you.

East Sussex
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Best Cinema for Miles”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The advantage of this small cinema is the lack of popcorn and the gentile clientele! Wine and beer can be bought in the café to consume during the show.

Visited March 2014
KinoDigital, Owner at Kino Digital Cinema, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Ashford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“nice space”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This cinema club has good on-line facilities, current films and on line live streaming of a variety of London events. It has a small cafe serving good coffee, home made cakes and wine.

The cinema is intimate with very comfortable seats. It's best to book the tiered seats as the seat backs are high and can obstruct the view of a shorter person such as myself sitting behind.

I much prefer this experience to a modern larger multiplex cinema. I usually go to the matinees which are mainly attended by the older generation who are not working.

Visited April 2014
KinoDigital, Owner at Kino Digital Cinema, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Small but Great”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having not been to a cinema for many years, mainly due to the crowds and general discomfort I was looking forward to the prospect of having a cinema in the village I was moving to. So one of the first things we did was to go to the Kino and watch a film. Brilliant!
It's a very small little cinema seating almost 100, I believe,with a bar/cafe. Seats are fantastically comfortable and and the view of the screen unrestricted. The quality of the sound and picture is great and it shows all the up to date films. All the Staff very helpfull and friendly. It's good to be able to buy a drink at the bar and take it in with you to watch the film, and there's a "cup holder" in the armrest of the seat. Popcorn is banned.
We became members and get some free tickets, regular updates and e.mails showing what's coming so we can book early. They also operate a "buy one get one free" at certain times.
Highly recommended

Visited March 2014
KinoDigital, Owner at Kino Digital Cinema, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your positive review - we really appreciate it!
Rye, England, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Cosy local cinema”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Love the fact that it's local, friendly and not too crowded. Sound and picture quality is superb. Seats are really comfortable and the range of films shown caters for all tastes.

Visited May 2013
KinoDigital, Owner at Kino Digital Cinema, responded to this review, 25 March 2014