“Simply wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hawkhurst B&B and Inns
London
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My family and friends stayed here for my wedding weekend which was being held just down the road. I stayed there the night before my big day. The rooms were beautiful, my parents had the honeymoon suite and it was huge with a roll top bath in the corner. All the room have quirky vintage/retro furniture and all equally well presented albeit varying in size and facilities reflected in the pricing. The food and service are great. Sharon in particular could not do enough to ensure our stay was comfortable. Unpretentious luxury!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I loved the room was beautifully decorated with a lovely large bed an double sofa bed. We had number 4 the family room!
However, despite being a family room we did not have a good nights sleep we appreciated that the building is old with low ceilings but whoever was above us which i think was staff made terrible noise banging walking round like baby elephants my father had to take his shoe an tap at the ceiling because it was almost midnight an we had tried to ignore it for quite a while.
I have a heart condition an everytime I heard the noise set it off was really loud it felt like they were going to come theough the ceiling! But even without a condition it was unreasonable especially if with younger family members or having to get up for an event or early the next day.
Also explains the wood dust in the bath which made me feel abit uneasy especially as my father was sleeping right underneath a beam.

Everywhere was decorated beautifully but i would say the fence around the front needs painting was all chipped and tuns of fag buts all over the stone floor in the front garden!
Restaurant was gorgeous though with great service and food.
Our bed was comfy and we loved the chocolate brownies in our room the welcome was very friendly all for a fair price including the lovely breakfast.

So thankyou for the positives in our stay :)

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank steflovesfood
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Will definitely stay again. The room was brand new, gorgeous with lovely little touches at each turn. Friendly and helpful team and we felt completely taken care of. Would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Apparently, we were the first booking for B&B after the extensive refurbishment. On arrival, we were offered a drink and shown to our room. Overlooking the rear of the hotel, the room was very clearly newly refurbished with everything brand new and nicely done. It is an extremely old building and a lot of effort has been taken to preserve the original structure of the building and it works well. Service and friendliness was far in excess of what one might expect for a pub with rooms, more in line with a quality full service hotel.

Our evening meal in the restaurant was superb. Simple food, well cooked and presented. Huge portions, so bear in mind if ordering starters. Good quality, well kept draught beer as well.

Breakfast was a buffet table followed by a freshly cooked, locally sourced traditional "full English" that was enough for the day. Overall, very impressed and expectations for a "this place looks OK" much exceeded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kevinw1957
Hatfield Herts
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed in a standard room and ate in both nights.
Room not large but bed v comfortable. Newly decorated (only been in use for 3 weeks when we stayed).
Everything we needed, and some nice touches, like the complimentary coffee while we waited to check in, and fresh milk + home made brownies in our room each day.
Meals were excellent both breakfast and dinner.
Owner and her staff all tried very hard to meet customers' requests.
Impressed that they had fresh not frozen gluten-free bread available, as one of us is a Coeliac
One of the eveings was chilly and although still mid-July they lit a log fire in the main bar.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at front face onto road but little traffic at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geoffrey.hollis
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a fantastic weekend with our great friends - the Queen's Inn made it so special - great food, great rooms and great service - you nearly always get what you pay for - the prices are what you expect to pay for quality accommodation/food & the Queen's Inn delivers - we will be back

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark A
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Queen has undergone extensive refurbishment over the past few months. Although I didn't get a chance to have a look at the rooms (which apparently are still under refurbishment), the changes are noticeable. The smell of fresh paint is a bit of a giveaway. It needed it: the place was falling down! I went there tonight to check it out and intending to have a meal. The first impression is less than welcoming. The large bar area is devoid is seating save for 3 armchairs. The bar and remaining tables have not changed location, as has the main restaurant. However, if you're just coming for a drink, where does one sit? I found a table around the corner but I could only see 3 that hadn't been laid out for dinner. It's very off putting if you're only going for a drink. Had I turned up with a party of 6, just for a drink, I don't where we would have sat. There's a nice fire so it's reasonable to expect to sit by the fire, especially on a cold night. Overall, not very welcoming. I ordered a pint of bitter and a spritzer. I was expecting to be asked which white wine i wanted. Not only was I not asked but I had lemonade in mine! I appreciate some people like this, but don't assume. And for this I was charged the princely sum of £9.80!!!! I was so put off by the prices that I didn't stay for dinner! The Queen needs to make itself a bit more welcoming and less standoffish if they want to keep the locals in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
17 Thank ExpatFrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawkhurst
Star & Eagle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Pembury
Smith & Western Tunbridge Wells
Smith & Western Tunbridge Wells
#4 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to The Queen's Inn? Share your experiences!