“Hospitality that I have never experienced before”

The Windflower Resort and Spa, Coorg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suntikoppa
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had booked the monsoon package at The Wind Flower Resorts and Spa for my Mom, Dad and Myself. The studio room is spacious for three people, extremely neat & clean and so comfortable that you don't feel like going out. Coorg is famous for its food, So I wanted to try. Chef Nandakumar not only helped me in choosing them but he and team actually customise every meal for us keeping my parents health condition in mind. Their service is so intense and prompt that it made us feel as if we are the only family but I could notice their hard work, care and love for every guest.On the check-out day, My Dad who is suffering from cancer and at his last stage said "I am not going anywhere from here" and smiled. My Mom who is a heart patient said "I feel as if I am at my mother's place, so nicely they took care of us. Wish if we can extend a bit more". I wanted to give my parents a wonderful experience, and so it exactly happened. Intentionally I didn't drop any tip because firstly, I understood unlike other hotel staffs they are not doing it for tip and secondly, the worth of their service and my parents happiness both I can never compare with money. I would like to thank everyone there from kitchen to housekeeping, Maintenance to security and the surprise cookie man for hanging cookies on the door. None of us will forget this trip - THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT MEMORABLE. God bless all of you. Good Luck :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shantashree
VRashinkar, Director-Marketing at The Windflower Resort and Spa, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay at The Windflower Coorg. We feel honored to hear that you have never experienced hospitality of this kind. We look forward to welcoming you to another Windflower soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I had booked a monsoon package at the windflower resort for my first anniversary and it was just a dream come true. ..it's in the midst of nature. .greenary all around and the rains made it extra romantic. ..it's a huge coffee plantation dotted by rows of well equipped studios, villas and suites. ..The open shower was a surprise. ..The balcony opened to a lush green forest. ..It was like playing with nature in ur own backyard which is so rare nowadays. ..The food was good but it was the hospitality which mattered the most. .The chefs went out of their ways to make u almost anything u desire. ...but the best part was our anniversary surprise. ..The beautifully decorated bed and the fresh chocolate cake. Loved it...would go back again. ....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay at The Windflower Coorg. We look forward to welcoming you to another Windflower soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first visit to Coorg and we were confused on how to spend time. Should we visit all attractions or relax in a resort?. We had just few days and oh boy! we made the right decision. We took a day to visit some local attractions and then spent the rest at 'Windflower'.

From day 1 to the day we checked out there was not a single moment where we thought we weren't pampered. Be it food, pool, outdoors or the spa. Superb property, well maintained, well decorated, well designed. Studio we stayed in had a big balcony, an outdoor bathroom, a large LCD TV, coffee maker, mini bar.

Best Part
Executive Chef Nandakumar at the restaurant needs special mention. He took his time to give us a cooking class. Not only did he go out of the way but he made us feel we were his special guests. Gave us valuable insights into how kitchen in a resort work.We owe him a lot for making our vacation memorable

Buffet spread - We never ever felt like skipping anything. Breakfast was sumptuous

Pool - Thankfully it wasn't crowded. Well maintained and beautiful.

Outdoor - Had a nice experience on a plantation walk. The artificial lake and the greenery surrounding it was wonderful.

Spa - Staff were extremely polite and sensitive to our needs. Made sure we were comfortable, explaining everything they did.

Hospitality - Throughout our stay everybody who we met greeted us and smiled. Made sure we were comfortable.

What could be Improved
The reception is the first place we start our conversation with the resort. That's something Windflower needs improvement. We found it difficult to communicate with them. The only language they looked comfortable was their native language.

In all the experience was "truly amazing"

Room Tip: Choose rooms near to reception because that saves a lot of walking. Rooms further away are quieter s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sridhar U
VRashinkar, Director-Marketing at The Windflower Resort and Spa, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your stay at The Windflower Coorg was a great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at another Windflower.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family had a relaxing stay at the windflower resort.
We were pampered in every way.

Customer service was very good.
All the credit goes to Mr.Nanda Kumar.
We recommend to meet Mr.Nanda Kumar - The Head Chef.
At first we felt, that we are meeting the Super Star - Rajnikant,
But we were amazed with his hospitality and care.
He truly understands your taste and prepare the food accordingly.

My daughter - Siri (11 months) was well pampered by Mr. Nanda Kumar.
She felt as if she was at home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
VRashinkar, Director-Marketing at The Windflower Resort and Spa, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome stay at the Windflower Resort between June 16th to 19th last month and had a decent time amidst some issues. It was like home away home and to a great extent all the credit goes to the Master chef Nandan kumar! He treats every guest with utmost care and respect, always has a smile on face and pays top most attention. In our entire stay, he was very prompt, courteous, diligent and swift in this service. He lead the place by an example and staff followed his foot steps as well. I have never had this kinda experience after travelling to several countries and I wish every hotel/resort has a person like Nandan Kumar. If I were to visit this place again, it would only be for Mr.Kumar.

We had little bitter experience in our stay:
1) Power cuts and interruption every 10 mins, even though backup was there but it was too many times to keep a count. If this ia considered a 5 star resort then there should be uninterrupted power supply.

2) Refrigerator was just for show and not funtional, infact I ordered ice cubes close to 8 times in my 4 day stay here.

3) Bathroom had several bugs and lizards during the nights.

4) During the last night (June 18), all of sudden Sony Six disappeared from the list of limited channels and I had no other option but to stay away from watching the world cup matches. Before booking I ensured that Sony Six was telecasted and thats when I agreed to book this place. I made several follow ups with reception, maintenance guys, etc and they gave me vague answer saying due ti bad weather channel ia not coming. However all the other channels were telecasted, all 3 days we never had any issue. Just because the gueats at the resort were less abd most of them checked out in 3 days! I even called up the Hotel General Manager (his name was Pramod I believe, dont recollect) and escalated this issue, he promised a call back and resolution but there was no reapiynse at all. This is the customer service that can be expected at a 5 star resort? Im a football fan and had to compromise not watching the matches on thar day! #pathetic

Apart from the abive issues, me and my wife had a good time amidst the greenery surronded throughout the resort plus every now and then rainfall was a bonus and treat for those who visited this place to beat the summer heat.

Looking at service provided by Nandan Kumar, it over shadowed all the cons we had during our stay! Please retain Nandan Kumar, he will be the face saver... never loose him as an employee!!

Thanks,
Mehul

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mehul M

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay at The Windflower Coorg. We have conveyed your comments to Chef Nanda Kumar, who needless to say is thrilled to be serving you well. We look forward to welcoming you to another Windflower soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Windflower in Coorg is a really nice place to spend time on a vacation. The property is well maintained and the service is really good. They have a really nice pool which kids will really enjoy. The restaurant has very good variety and very nice staff. Their chef is extremely good. Excellent facilities. General Manager Mr. Pramod are so caring , nice and are always smiling, friendly and accommodating . great place to spend a few days with family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 9,611,161,153

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Wind Flower Resort, wow it really drives me crazy.. It was like a Paradise on Earth. Awesome hospitality, Food, and the staff's there were really too caring. I really felt like home. I will surely go back there for an holiday trip. I really loved the Spa , it was really nice and the steam bath too.

Re my Candle light dinner for my lovely wife, it really took me to heaven. I loved the way they really arranged my candle light dinner and the food. The credit has to go to one single person, Chef Nanda Kumar. He was really a gentle man and he treated my wife and me very well at that special candle light dinner.

Its really worth for the money spent. And one request, if its possible if you can get the Wi5 connection fixed and constant will be the best. That is the only one issue i can say. Apart from that everything was really tooooooooooo good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Suite room's. I guess its awesome and gives you a good view of the hill and the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suntikoppa
Vivanta by Taj Madikeri
Purple Palms Resort & Spa,Coorg
Old Kent Estates, Coorg
Old Kent Estates, Coorg
#2 of 2 in Suntikoppa

Been to The Windflower Resort and Spa, Coorg? Share your experiences!