“Don't!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Sidcup B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Don't!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Ok, finding somewhere to stay in SE London has always proved tricky. Ruxley Rooms is not the answer. It was cold and uncomfortable. Kids were up singing and whistling - yes folks, whistling at 6:30 on a Sunday morning and when I went to make the tea there was a ladybird doing the front crawl in the jug of milk. We had to go and scrounge the milk off the landlady because there wasn't any when we arrived. The toilet only flushes if you pump the handle a dozen or so times really fast. Not sticking around to suffer breakfast. As Duncan Bannantyne would say.
I'm out!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank devilsaardvark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Where do I start! It cost me £115 for 30min stay!
Pulled into the very poorly kept car park and could not find the front door until a miserable man pointed me to the door!
It took about 5min before a very laid back woman(owner) came to the door, she then took us through to the kitchen were the whole house stunk of rice cooking.
The kitchen was a Bombsite and not vert clean at all! When she finished on the phone to other customers that could not find there way to the B&B she eventually told me her card machine was broken and would have to pay cash!
After this she told her teenage son to take us to our rooms(where he just pointed to the door and mumbled).
As soon as we walked into the quad bedroom with our 2 children we were greeted to a bad smelling, freezing cold room wich looked nothing more than a YMCA hitch hikers digs!
The curtains were hanging off and one of the windows was falling out at the hinge side to witch my young 4 year old son nearly pushed out!
After all this we went back down stairs(also had never got our cases out of the car) and asked the lazy woman for our £115 back as we would not be staying the night!
Her reply was that I could not have my money back as its a 24h cancelation policy to witch I replied "I am not cancelling, I am unhappy at how unsafe the building is" she then had her older brother come into the room to try and intimidate me!
In the end to no avail we left and drove all the way back to the north east and missed our relatives wedding in Dartford!
KEEP WELL CLEAR!!!

• Stayed October 2012
10 Thank nalod77

Travellers are raving about these Sidcup hotels

kent
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had a nights stay at Ruxley Rooms all staff were brilliant room was nice and very clean
Breakfast was really good set us for the day and a really nice family feeling and we felt like part of the family
Would recommend this B/B

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Had a recent stay here and it was great. Real homely feel as soon as you walk in. Rooms are spacious and clean and the service from the live in family was outstanding.

Breakfast was lovely in the morning, and there was no rush for us to check out. We really had a lovely relaxed stay here and would recommend to others in an instant!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamyx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidcup
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Bull's Head Hotel
Bull's Head Hotel
#1 of 2 in Chislehurst
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Travelodge London Bromley
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa

Been to Ruxley Rooms? Share your experiences!