“Don't know what to say ......” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruxley Rooms

Ruxley Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Sidcup B&B and Inns
Sheerness, United Kingdom
“Don't know what to say ......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed here with partner.
Got a lovely welcoming,by the landlady herself.
We were shown to our rooms by her relative which was ok, he did not speak much just pointed at the room...
Once in the room we had 1 double bed and 1 single bed baring in mind there was only two of us.
the windows were a bit out worn maybe.
We had a light which i thought was useful but when switched on we could see the millions on moths inside it which had not been cleaned out. :/ I hate moths.
was not too happy about sharing a bathroom but you get what you pay for i guess.
Toilet did not flush properly, their was no shampoo or bubble bath nor shower gel.
Only one towel between two people :/

Bed was comfy
breakfast was lovely,fresh orange juice, tea, coffee.

Only down side was we had breakfast with her son who was as moody as hell. and some random bloke who only pops in for breakfast.

When viewing this on line it really did look like a fab place but its impossible to find in the dark.
2nd of all its not on the satnav.

I am not sure if i would stay here again unless she gets her self organised and the rooms spic and span.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bigspender2459

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

When I booked this hotel, as usual i used Trip advisor. There were 4 reviews on there, two of which were for 1 star and two of which were for 5 Stars-very strange indeed. Having stayed there, I would be say the ! star reviews are the most accurate. First of all you will struggle to find it using google maps as the listing is incorrect. Like one of the other reviews we were shown to our room by the son of the landlady, who just grunted and pointed to the rooms, refusing to acknowledge our existence. Th rooms were clean which is why i have given it two stars, but there was no on suite, not even a sink in the rooms. The walls were so thin, I could easily have a conversation with my colleague next door, without standing near the adjoining wall!Tthe bathroom was shared with at least 5 other people judging from the number of rooms and bathrooms. Didn't stay for breakfast as there were only two fixed sittings for breakfast, and
our timings didn't fit with these.
Quite how two reviewers managed to give it 5 stars is beyond me - you will note they keep mentioning the family? I'd suggest therein lies the clue.

Room Tip: Premier Inn?
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank R W

Travellers are raving about these Sidcup hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Ok, finding somewhere to stay in SE London has always proved tricky. Ruxley Rooms is not the answer. It was cold and uncomfortable. Kids were up singing and whistling - yes folks, whistling at 6:30 on a Sunday morning and when I went to make the tea there was a ladybird doing the front crawl in the jug of milk. We had to go and scrounge the milk off the landlady because there wasn't any when we arrived. The toilet only flushes if you pump the handle a dozen or so times really fast. Not sticking around to suffer breakfast. As Duncan Bannantyne would say.
I'm out!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank devilsaardvark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Where do I start! It cost me £115 for 30min stay!
Pulled into the very poorly kept car park and could not find the front door until a miserable man pointed me to the door!
It took about 5min before a very laid back woman(owner) came to the door, she then took us through to the kitchen were the whole house stunk of rice cooking.
The kitchen was a Bombsite and not vert clean at all! When she finished on the phone to other customers that could not find there way to the B&B she eventually told me her card machine was broken and would have to pay cash!
After this she told her teenage son to take us to our rooms(where he just pointed to the door and mumbled).
As soon as we walked into the quad bedroom with our 2 children we were greeted to a bad smelling, freezing cold room wich looked nothing more than a YMCA hitch hikers digs!
The curtains were hanging off and one of the windows was falling out at the hinge side to witch my young 4 year old son nearly pushed out!
After all this we went back down stairs(also had never got our cases out of the car) and asked the lazy woman for our £115 back as we would not be staying the night!
Her reply was that I could not have my money back as its a 24h cancelation policy to witch I replied "I am not cancelling, I am unhappy at how unsafe the building is" she then had her older brother come into the room to try and intimidate me!
In the end to no avail we left and drove all the way back to the north east and missed our relatives wedding in Dartford!
KEEP WELL CLEAR!!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank nalod77
kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had a nights stay at Ruxley Rooms all staff were brilliant room was nice and very clean
Breakfast was really good set us for the day and a really nice family feeling and we felt like part of the family
Would recommend this B/B

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

Had a recent stay here and it was great. Real homely feel as soon as you walk in. Rooms are spacious and clean and the service from the live in family was outstanding.

Breakfast was lovely in the morning, and there was no rush for us to check out. We really had a lovely relaxed stay here and would recommend to others in an instant!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamyx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidcup
Premier Inn London Eltham Hotel
Crown Inn
Crown Inn
#2 of 2 in Chislehurst
The Bromley Court Hotel

Been to Ruxley Rooms? Share your experiences!