“Nice and ok”
Review of Ruxley Rooms

Ruxley Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Sidcup B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I was sceptical myself. But once here and checking that bedsheets were clean as well as the bathroom I have to say for a B&B is alright. It's worth the price you pay. Yvette told me about those pictures put up on this link and she feels very fustrated because she does not have the chance for an explanation nor why or where those pics were taken. I have to say in her defence that bathroom and rooms are clean and the day we arrived the people from council were here checking out the place. So if they did not close it then it means she is doing a good job and making sure we as customers are safe. Way to go Yvette! Hope to come back again. Oh yes. And we booked for 4 days...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CARLO C

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This property has so much potential: situated right near a roundabout with easy access to the major roads of the region including M25. The inside has quite a charmful aspect to it with high ceilings, a lovely tiled floor entrance and new laminated flooring upstairs.. The hostess is very friendly but it seems as though she's inherited something that she hasn't got the funds to upkeep. It could be great with some work done on the bathrooms and with some heating in the rooms for example, and without interior walls that finished halfway across a window - now that gave us a good laugh. We went in early March and fortunately the weather was good because in the family room there are no radiators and I had to take a trickle of a cold shower in the evenings. It has a huge garden for children to play in if you ignore the huge amount of trash in one half of it. Anyone would think that it's a kind of dumping yard for the local community.

The clientele of this B&B are chiefly working people from the local area who do not have a home of their own. You only have to take note of the workers' vans parked in the driveway and talk to one or two other guests. This is not a problem in itself but they, unlike a family with small children, don't mind the ever open windows, ever cold water, and dangerous objects in the garden.

If you have children, or even if you don't, I could say that it's OK if you're out all day, it's summertime or you're very overweight and don't feel the cold, if you're prepared to go up the road to the public baths for a hot shower, and if you're in the mood for going in the garden to look for objects to put in a bric and brac shop. If that's the case go ahead and book.

Room Tip: Maybe the ensuite rooms would give a different experience
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jimmymelrose
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Arrived to the B n B the outside looked ok, we found it very quick and that was by accident the sat nav didn't pick it up. Walking to get into Ruxley rooms wwhere lots of pebbles the door to the entrance kept banging into this big long brown table. The host was nice, I booked three rooms one en suite one double and two twin singles when we arrived upstairs there was the previous person who didn't leave yet we had to wait in one of the rooms while we saw her trying to the previous person out the room she could have asked us to wait downstairs, then she asked us are any of you therapists I feel sorry for that man who just left the en suite after about 10 minutes she finished the changing of the sheets. I was in number 5 dusty room alot of coat hangers where shoved in this wardrobe you could hear the window rock when it was windy it was extremly cold the sheets under the duvet were discoloured a yellow colour. It had a tv in the room dusty coffee and tea jars. Came back from our family do I went to my room number 5 my key wouldn,'t turn in the door 5mins later I went to my family member to come and help me unlock my door turns out she moved all my stuff from number 5 to number 8 without telling me never asked after diffulcty locating the manager half hour later I rushed to number 8 to see if all my things were there luckily they were it made me so peed off invasion of my privacy and very rude. The breakfat was dissapointing it say full breakfast turned out to be toast and juice so all in all it was a intersing trip I had.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Unlike some I won't put the blame on the guest house for not being picked up by Sat Nav. Apart from that, the owners of Ruxley Rooms have a lot to answer for!

Bathrooms - I counted around 8 rooms here and some were family rooms or doubles so there could have been as much as 16 guests with only 2 bathrooms between everyone, this was woefully inadequate and people were back and forth the toilets all night!

Safety - the room I had was potentially unsafe as the window seemed like it only needed to be leaned against and it would have fallen out and when I first got in the room I assumed the window was open as I could hear the nearby traffic very clearly but it turned out the window was actually closed! Electricity wiring was also exposed.

Walls - The walls separating the rooms were a thin layer of plasterboard and you could hear conversations in the next room clearly word for word even if the people were speaking quietly. Everytime someone opened a room door it sounded like the walls were caving in!.

Noise - This was a NOISY place to stay, paper thin walls, toilets being used all night long, window letting in all the noise from outside. Got next to no sleep here.

Cleanliness - A lot of dust and some dirt, not dreadful but not great either.

Breakfast - Quite poor, only toast, jam and cereal and one table for everyone.

Staff - Owner seemed very relaxed but not especially helpful when I told her of all the noise in the room, just said "sorry about that". Other female staff member was quite abrupt and apathetic and the male staff/family did their best to ignore guests!

This place was cheap for the area but I would recommend paying double for anywhere decent. I would not pay any amount of money to stay here again and I can safely say it's the worst place I've stayed at yet!

Room Tip: Don't book but if you really are desperate ask not to be put in room 5.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steffan N
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The room was large clean and comfortable with a big comfy bed.Our room wasn't onsuite but not a problem as two bathrooms nearby.The host was welcoming and made our stay enjoyable.Parking is free and right outside.Next time we visit people in the area, this will be our first choice to stay.Quite a bit cheaper than local competition.Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brianfrose
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed here for the night and found it to be great value for the money.we did google the b/b and ended up on some poor mans front door ,he said it happens all the time,but thats the fault of google.princess was little sweetheart ,wishing us a merry christmas ,and chatting away twenty to the dozen.i can recommend this b/b .
Thankyou

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, host was very welcoming, not too keen on sharing a bathroom but this proved to be OK, would definitely stay there again.
Nice to find a B&B that is good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidcup
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Premier Inn London Eltham Hotel
Premier Inn London Sidcup
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#328 of 1,076 in London

Been to Ruxley Rooms? Share your experiences!