“Coach house”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

First time I've been to this restaurant and I have to say that I was very impressed. The food was lovely, very tasty. The wine list was excellent and the staff were very friendly. The tables are quite close but that's not a problem as it adds to the atmosphere. The one thing that could spoil it is the price. It's not cheap but the quality of the food makes up for it. If you want tasty food in a very good restaurant then come here but be prepared to pay up for it.

1  Thank ROBE1964

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and I always find it a joy. The staff are always very friendly, the atmosphere is great, and the food is always very nice. As it's a relatively small place the staff are very attentive and amusing with that Italian wave of the hands.
It's not a modern place, in fact it's rather old fashioned, but I like old fashioned when the service and food is as good as it is here. It's not cheap but the quality is worth it. I would recommend this place to my friends with no hesitation, quality with an Italian twist.

1  Thank Bernie H
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Always a pleasant experience here from very friendly staff. Wide and varied menu. Need to book early for a Saturday night. Reasonably priced.

3  Thank Denise B
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This place used to be legendary I'm not sure it's as good as it once was or just every where else has got better. I wasn't blown away by the steak I had sauce far to rich & to much of it. Waiters efficient but not overly friendly. Surroundings still very pleasant. I would only rush back for the rather gorgeous waiter.

4  Thank Sonya68
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Walking in to this restaurants it's like time stood still for 30 years. I bet nothing has changed. The décor, the staff, the menu, the clientèle! The average age of the diners was at least 60. I'm not being ageist but I'm guessing the guests simply love it the way it was (is).
This is serious old school Italian with a capital O. Even a desert trolley and a cover charge £1.70 pp LOL. I mean when was the last time you saw a cover charge?
The menu was quite extensive if lacking in imagination. Of the 10 cold starters 5 were Avocado with....
"Free" olives and bread or maybe that's what the cover charge is for. Olives were good but the bread mediocre. We both settled on the beef with wild mushrooms and chilli hot starter. It looked very unappealing but actually tasted quite good although my main gripe would be the serious lack of beef in the dish. It was virtually all mushroom.
Main dishes were calves liver and veal. Well cooked reasonable portion sizes. All the accompanying green vegetables were overcooked. We shared a raspberry cheesecake which was fine. Two glasses of house wine one red and one white both were excellent. No coffees. The bill £86.
The service was truly excellent though from start to finish.
So if you like your old school Italian restaurants and don't care what it costs then it's for you but otherwise I can't really recommend it.

2  Thank Curry L