“Worst Pub I've ever been in !!”
Review of The Jolly Fenman

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Jolly Fenman
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Sidcup
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Being in the pub trade for a number of years. Gone past The Jolly Fenman a few times last week thought we'll try it out. O.M.G what a mistake You felt an outsider as soon as you go in. Bar staff to busy talking to each other then got told "be with you in a minute" really don't you mean 8 minutes. We was there for about 45 minutes in total and there was three complaints about the food being cold or waiting over 1/2hr when in had clearly been sitting for sometime as gravy was burnt around edges. Will not be going back EVER. Come on John barras management change some staff and kick a few buts. Can be a great place with the right staff.

3  Thank Amy M
All reviews
"friendly atmosphere"
in 6 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the Fenman for its karaoke night on Friday 29th November. We arrived quite late which I hope excuses the reaction we got as generally it's an OK pub for a "local" - good prices, great bar staff, clean - what more do you actually need?
Well, not to be made to feel like a complete outsider by the entertainment would be a start.

I asked the compere's assistant if I could look at a songbook. "No, there aren't any" was the snarling response. "so do I just pick a song I know then? " I asked.

"no, you're not singing" she replied.

Conversation over.

For the next hour I watched the compere and his mates mess about with a few backing tracks.

Karaoke? I don't think so.

I have never felt so unwanted in a pub that is supposed to want my business. Avoid.

3  Thank Annie K
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Only go to this pub if you want to stand at the bar for 20 minutes and be ignored. The staff look busy but they are serving their friends and talking amongst themselves. The place wasnt even busy. Staff had a really bad attitude. I walked out without getting served and will never go back.

4  Thank Paul R