“Popped in for a Coffee”
Review of Courtyard Caffe

Courtyard Caffe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Eccleston
Courtyard Caffe
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Pasing through so popped in for a Coffee. Exterior very inviting and interior lovely with an attractive courtyard to eat out in on a sunny day. Ordered coffee and soup of the day. Coffee excellent and homemade Chicken and Leek soup fantastic with tasty homemade bread and bigs chunks of Chicken.Well worth a visit but always busy so you may have to wait for a table.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is a difficult call because although the breakfast I had was lovely and worth the money and is why I have given the Caffe 4* I would usually give an "average" to this place. The breakfasts are lovely, proper saussage and not the usual mushy rubbish which are presented in so many establishments. Bacon excellent, as were all the other ingredients, coffee good. Very tasty.
But when I add "I only have breaKfasts here now" I'm sure it will tell you something.

Room Tip: Not used as a hotel, just a restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nicola r
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We went to a Diners Evening here, which are held once a month on a saturday, the table is yours for the evening, it was a very relaxed atmosphere, the menu was a choice of three starters, three mains and three puddings / sweets, and after the very delicious 3 courses came a just the right amount selection of cheeses and biscuits with a glass of port.
There choice on the menu was varied enough for all tastes - Meat and Fish lovers would not be disappointed.
Both mine and the Hubbys meals were very good, we really enjoyed the sweets too and the cheese course, glass of port just finished the meal off very well indeed.
We will definately return as it was a lovely relaxed evening, you really don't feel rushed at all as no-one else is waiting for your table, the staff were great too, very friendly and welcomming.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Visited today with a friend for lunch. This cafe looked lovely from the outside and we had often commented on it. We both had chicken goujons which were fine. My "thin chips" were disgusting, being underdone, floppy and white. I tried one and left the rest. Having finished the meal we waited for the plates to be cleared but in the end had to ask the waitress to remove them. I complained about the chips but no apology. On receiving the bill I was charged for the chips. When I complained, the item was reluctantly removed and we were scowled out of the place. Expensive for the quality. Won't be going back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nigel M
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We visit the Courtyard Caffe at least 2 or 3 times a month and the food is excellent and the service is always very friendly, they can't do enough for you. It is a bit pricey, but only a bit, and I would rather pay a bit more and get quality than pay a bit less for mass produced cheap rubbish. This is a cafe, not a restaurant, and they do everything from bacon barm cakes to soup to roast dinners, their sausages are delicious by the way! They also do a very very nice latte.
I think I must be mad recommending it, we should just keep it to ourselves!

Room Tip: Didn't know they even had rooms so can't comment
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nyn2010
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My parents and I visited Great Eccleston yesterday,looking forward to a nice bite to eat.
We were enticed into the Courtyard Caffe as it looked pretty and welcoming,just the type of place we tend to go in on our travels.
The menu was attractive and we soon ordered 2 filled paninis and a wrap,3 teas and a small bowl of chunky chips to share.
The food was OK,just,salad lacklustre and homemade coleslaw not very nice.The chips were acceptable but a very small portion,so we were gobsmacked when the bill came to over £25.00.
If the food had been delicious,then we would have not quibbled the price but it was nothing special and way overpriced in our opinion.When we checked the bill outside as we all thought we had misheard how much it was,we realized that we had been charged 2.95 for the chips when there was probably just 1 large baking potato in reality.What a rip off!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank strahan
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights recently whilst visiting friends in the village The room we stayed in was the downstairs twin and was immaculate with a very well appointed enormous bathroom. Tea, coffee, water and homemade biscuits are provided but it is much easier to go next door and sample the delights of the Courtyard Caffe, the food is excellent and Mary is a wonderful cook, everything is homemade and of the highest quality, when the sun shines you can sit in the courtyard and you would think you were in France! Mary and Andrew are the perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble, the breakfasts are wonderful and in my opinion the best I've ever had and I have travelled the world and stayed in some fantastic hotels!
Gt Eccleston is a lovely picturesque village with plenty of good pubs and restaurants within walking distance, only 10 mins from Blackpool and 20 mins from Preston, the Lake District is only 40 mins away.
This is a hidden gem and not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fettler

Been to Courtyard Caffe? Share your experiences!