“A pretty venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Caffe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Eccleston
Courtyard Caffe
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“A pretty venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been here on a sunny day when it is pleasant to sit outside. The weather was more chill on this recent visit so we sat inside and enjoyed the pretty decor. I was meeting a friend who had been on holiday so we had plenty to catch up on and this was an agreeable setting for a relaxed chat with coffee and toasted teacakes. I hadn’t realised that there is accommodation attached. I should think it is a good location to explore the area and much better than staying in Blackpool.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Preston, Penwortham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My two sisters and I stumbled across this little place by accident as we were heading for a pub. It really is so quaint and pretty, and we went outside into the small courtyard where it has a few tables. I opted for the toasted cheese, tomato and red onion, and my two sisters had the seafood platter. The food was really well presented and tasted delicious, the seafood platter had two different salmon and prawns with lovely thick bread. We shared a bottle of Pinot and the price for food and drink came up to £42,70 which we thought was a good price. The waitress was very friendly and my sister who lives in Great Eccleston was so pleased to have tried it. Had a super few hours there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Pasing through so popped in for a Coffee. Exterior very inviting and interior lovely with an attractive courtyard to eat out in on a sunny day. Ordered coffee and soup of the day. Coffee excellent and homemade Chicken and Leek soup fantastic with tasty homemade bread and bigs chunks of Chicken.Well worth a visit but always busy so you may have to wait for a table.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
out rawcliffe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is a difficult call because although the breakfast I had was lovely and worth the money and is why I have given the Caffe 4* I would usually give an "average" to this place. The breakfasts are lovely, proper saussage and not the usual mushy rubbish which are presented in so many establishments. Bacon excellent, as were all the other ingredients, coffee good. Very tasty.
But when I add "I only have breaKfasts here now" I'm sure it will tell you something.

Room Tip: Not used as a hotel, just a restaurant
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nicola r
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We went to a Diners Evening here, which are held once a month on a saturday, the table is yours for the evening, it was a very relaxed atmosphere, the menu was a choice of three starters, three mains and three puddings / sweets, and after the very delicious 3 courses came a just the right amount selection of cheeses and biscuits with a glass of port.
There choice on the menu was varied enough for all tastes - Meat and Fish lovers would not be disappointed.
Both mine and the Hubbys meals were very good, we really enjoyed the sweets too and the cheese course, glass of port just finished the meal off very well indeed.
We will definately return as it was a lovely relaxed evening, you really don't feel rushed at all as no-one else is waiting for your table, the staff were great too, very friendly and welcomming.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Visited today with a friend for lunch. This cafe looked lovely from the outside and we had often commented on it. We both had chicken goujons which were fine. My "thin chips" were disgusting, being underdone, floppy and white. I tried one and left the rest. Having finished the meal we waited for the plates to be cleared but in the end had to ask the waitress to remove them. I complained about the chips but no apology. On receiving the bill I was charged for the chips. When I complained, the item was reluctantly removed and we were scowled out of the place. Expensive for the quality. Won't be going back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nigel M
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We visit the Courtyard Caffe at least 2 or 3 times a month and the food is excellent and the service is always very friendly, they can't do enough for you. It is a bit pricey, but only a bit, and I would rather pay a bit more and get quality than pay a bit less for mass produced cheap rubbish. This is a cafe, not a restaurant, and they do everything from bacon barm cakes to soup to roast dinners, their sausages are delicious by the way! They also do a very very nice latte.
I think I must be mad recommending it, we should just keep it to ourselves!

Room Tip: Didn't know they even had rooms so can't comment
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nyn2010

Been to Courtyard Caffe? Share your experiences!