The Mill at Conder Green
    US$86
    Globe Hotel(Overton)
    TripAdvisor
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsglasson docklancaster canalsignature roomroom overlooking the canalcanal sidesmoked haddocktow pathlancashire hotpotlocal produceevening mealpuddingtop floorsunday lunchlovely hotelbar areamain coursebeer garden
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 March 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights. We can't fault The Mill at all. The rooms were spacious and very modern and the beds comfy. Plenty of tea and coffee provided in room too. Great views of the countryside from our room and lovely walks alongside the canal outside. Who would know it was only a few miles from the motorway. The breakfast each morning was lovely with lots of choice. Was nice to be eating breakfast overlooking the canal. We didn't eat an evening meal here but the food on the menu sounded delicious. We will definately be visiting again

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were welcomed by a friendly guy and given our keys, all good service. The room was the basic room as they had no more upgrades available. The room was fine, bright, clean and had a nice view of the water out front.
    We decided to stay in the Mill for dinner. They have two separate areas one overlooking the canal and another larger room. There were spaces in the area overlooking the canal but despite asking for a table there was told that there were no tables available.A table was vacant throughout our meal which was frustrating. The meal was nice I had the Lamb but my husband had the Belly Pork which was delicious.
    Bedroom was fine and beds comfortable.
    At breakfast we were almost given a table just outside the area we preferred despite tables being available. Eventually we were shown a table inside the requested area. This very small complaint tainted what would have been an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Ask if upgrades available or a room with a view.
    Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have never written a TripAdvisor review before but feel compelled to do so due to the truly excellent experience I had at The Mill at Condor Green.

I am a business traveller and had a meeting at the University the following day. I cannot fault my one night stay at The Mill, if you are find yourself needing accommodation whilst travelling through or working within the area look no further than here.

Everything and I mean everything was faultless. The room, the food and the atmosphere were only bettered by the staff who were not only very professional but more importantly extremely engaging and friendly.

Thank you so much for a lovely experience and keep doing what you are doing, I really didn't want to leave for my meeting.

Room Tip: I can't speak for the other rooms but my room (11) had stunning views.
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
    A TripAdvisor Member
    Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for valentines. Staff were very friendly and the food was good, especially the duck off the valentines menu.
    The room itself was amazing, fantastic views, great decor and a large velux window over the bed, which I'm sure would be awesome if the stars were out and it wasn't raining.
    Would highly recommend and we will definitely be going back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight on valentine's day. You get a warm welcome on arrival and all the staff that we spoke to were all friendly. The rooms are of a good standard, very clean and comfortable. We ate there in the evening, I thought the food was lovely, generous portions if a little expensive. The breakfast was excellent with a wide choice to suit everyone. Would go back again and would recommend.