Dolphin Bay Hideaway
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Olas(Bocas Town)
US$65
US$54
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
US$116
Priceline
Gran Hotel Bahia(Bocas Town)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bocas del Toro(Bocas Town)
US$112
US$101
US$107
US$63
US$129
Travelocity
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$55
Hotel Laguna(Bocas Town)
US$84
  • Restaurant
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$77
All reviewsdolphin bayother guestsbocas del torocacao farmget awaybreakfast and dinnerday tripsunrise roompaddle boardszapatilla islandgranolabocas areamy boyfriendfishboat ridelocal schoolour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Thank you Erica and the rest of your team for such a wonderful stay! I came home so relaxed & invigorated!

Aside from the fantastic excursions to the coffee plantation, snorkel beaches and small islands, which were amazing, here my top highlights of Dolphin Bay Hideaway.

The food!
Each meal was fantastic. Fresh tropical fruit, homemade granola, + eggs pretty much any style, toast+ Erica's homemade special spicy sauce.
I MISS GUANABANA!! Guanabana is a fantastic fruit-found in the area that i had for the first time at Dolphin Bay. For dinner was usually a wonderful salad, veggies, and either fish, or chicken prepared usually with a very flavorful sauce. I noticed everyone always cleaned their plates including me. Erica was very accommodating to all food requests. Just during the 3 days I was there, there was one person that requested gluten free, one vegitarian, and several that requested kosher meals!

-The social group setting; I enjoyed the common areas & during meals it was lovely to chat it up with other travelers from around the world. When I was there, I made new friends with Germans and a couple from Copenhagen and some Texans too!

-The room I stayed in was spacious, relaxing and peaceful. Hammocks to chill out in on the main floor were also great. The view out side/bird watching and simply listening to the sounds of the jungle was so relaxing! I loved curling up to a book and drifting off to sleep in my room or in the hammocks;

-Jumping into the bay in the pitch dark and swimming with all the bioluminescence

Cheers Erica! thank you for being the highlight of our trip to Panama!!
Please come visit us in Seattle anytime!
Elizabeth & Mo

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Basically everything has been said already. I just wanna leave the 5 points as they are well deserved!
Please disregard the negative reviews. These guests unfortunatelly clearly didn't belong here. If you checked out the web site and made yourself familiar with the style of lodging Erika, her family and staff have to offer you'd get a pretty good picture of what to expect. My wife and two year old daughter experienced top notch hospitality depicted in the numerous reviews. Thanks again for a memorable time at the dolphin bay hideaway!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We spent 2 nights in this paradise and it was really a dream: the room is huge, extremely clean, with beatiful furnitures, curtains and flowers all around. There was everything you need. In the morning they serve an incredible breakfast and also dinners and cocktails are great.
We explore the bay with their kayak and chilled on the deck and the second day we visited Zapatilla islands with their tour: amazing spots for snorkelling and finally some rest on a paradisiac island: do not miss it! Thanks to Erika and her family/staff for our unforgettable stay!

Room Tip: The big room is really cool!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Dolphin bay was a highlight to our 3 week panama trip!
The gardens erika planted are sensational and alive with nature. The porch and bedroom make u feel like u just stepped into a fantasy world bc the decor is both tasteful, romantic,clean and every detail attended to.
Erika, thank you for customizing our party of four with our kosher diet. You made delicious meals and ur company was SO inspiring.

This hideaway is for individuals who appreciate nature and beauty blended together. Come prepared with all the items erika suggests on her website and u will have a treasured memory to enjoy for a lifetime!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The name is in the title, "Hideaway". Expect to be 'away' from the crowds, which is exactly what I wanted. The property is beautiful and the staff super attentive. My room was amazing and the food delicious. The b&b owners appeared to me that making my stay a memorable experience was their number one priority. You must go, and when you do, you will enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo