“Excellent Food & Service”

and 1 more site!
Ardtara Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Upperlands
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Myself and a friend visited Ardtara on a Friday evening for a meal. This was one of the most pleasant dining experiences I have had. Valerie welcomed us on arrival and she and her staff could not have been more attentive during our visit. The food was cooked to perfection. I would have no hesitation in recommending a visit to Ardtara to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 February 2013

As usual Valerie & staff made us very welcome.This time it was nice to sample Ardtara in daylight even though it was a damp day.Grounds are lovely ,even at thiis time of year.The restaurant was fairly busy & the atmosphere very charming.Food was tasty & plentiful & duck to start highly recommended.Sticky toffee pudding a must.The meal finished with a pot of coffee which is a nice touch,rather than the usual small cups generally given after a meal.Any deiations from the menu are always catered for & staff will do their utmost to leave evry guset well satisfied.A very nice Sunday Lunch & well worth a try.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend in this fabulous house 11/1/13-13/1/13 and can honestly say the hospitality is second to none, we stayed in room 8 which was huge with the biggest bathroom I have ever seen only one small niggle,the wardrobe door wouldn't stay closed which I found irritating, we dined in on both evenings and we were both delighted with the food on both nights, we commented to the waitress I think her name was Leigh (who by the way was delightful) about how much we liked the Risotto and she came back to our table with the recipe hand written by the chef.
Although we were on a bargain priced Groupon deal we were still treated like royalty by all members of staff, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Brian

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Lovely setup here in this country manor about 45 minutes north of Belfast.

Greeted by the outstanding operator that is Valerie and her staff who looked after us like royalty. Food was beautiful in the restaurant and myself and my gf were made to feel at home throughout our stay. The grounds surrounding the manor are not extensive so one has to explore the surroundings a little for some adventures! But the manor is a fantastic base from which to do this and i would recommend it for a getaway to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Conal K
Reviewed 11 January 2013

it takes a lot to impress me......but I have to say ardtara country house is very impressive..in an oldly worldly sort of way .....we stayed in december 2012 after a friends wedding ...to which the meal
was first class cusine....Valerie the manager is a lovely lady and if you are a guest in the house..
she takes the effort and care to remember your name througout your stay.........
my only negative thought is....I would have the bedroom doors painted a different shade (minor detail)....they are brown....cream would enhance (my opinion).....all in all excellent

Room Tip: all rooms are good...all are ensuite....its a country house with big rooms and high ceilings
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I love this place! This is my second visit on business both at this time of year and the value for money is exceptional. A warm welcome from Valerie is always on hand and a history tour as well if you are interested. The room - one of only 9 bedrooms - was spacious with high ceilings, several windows and a realistic gas powered open fire. The bathroom is of almost equal size with usual amenities but also TWO face flannels, a real rarity! The king size bed was very comfortable with the softest duvet I have ever known.

I was lucky enough to have dinner here and the food is to die for with a pre-starter and a pallete cleanser served as well. We were treated to a very talented pianist who happened to pop in to practice. The Ulster fry for breakfast made sure that I was in danger of being charged for excess baggage on the flight home!

I certainly recommend staying here if you get the chance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is not the type of place we would normally choose to stay preferring the anonymity of a larger, more modern hotel but we received a voucher from friends for DB&B and were very pleasantly surprised! . We had a large garden view room to the front of the property with a gas fire and large bathroom.Every Staff member we met was friendly,helpful and we felt very welcome here. Dinner was an extravagant feast (if a little rich). We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upperlands
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
Apparo
Apparo
#1 of 1 in Draperstown
Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn

Been to Ardtara Country House? Share your experiences!