2 night stay. Room on small side.. Furnishings cheap in bedroom with smell of cooking from kitchen below on both morning and evening of stay.. On plus side dinner was faultless from start to finish. Breakfast menu not extensive with no home baking or croissants which I would expect in a country house hotel!
Staff friendly..we enjoyed our stay. Would not go again unless I could be assured of better bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Most Romantic Country House Of The Year” (AA Award). Ardtara is an elegantly restored 19th-century manor house, situated between Belfast and the Giant’s Causeway Coast. Once home to the Clark family, world-famous linen makers, Ardtara is now widely regarded as one of the finest country house hotels in Northern Ireland. The nine bedrooms are spacious with high ceilings, modern en-suite bathrooms, deluxe king-size beds, charming antiques and original grand (working) fireplaces. All set in the privacy and tranquility of eight wooded acres. Ardtara has also been selected as a “Fodor’s Choice” hotel, has Four Stars from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and is a member of the Ireland’s prestigious Blue Book hotel guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ardtara Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtara Country House Hotel Upperlands
- Ardtara Hotel Derry
- Ardtara Country House Upperlands, Northern Ireland