I see the other reviews on the website and to be honest only for the pictures of the house I thought I had stayed in a different house! Not sure when these pictures were taken but they no longer reflect the nature of this house. Four of us decided to stay at Ardtara house knowing it was a bit expensive. The rooms we got are dark, jaded and faded and needed to be completely striped and everything replaced. They could also get rid of the very large cobweb running from one curtain to another and send the cleaner to Spec savers. We just dumped the bags and off for the rest of the day. We had dinner that evening and yes the food is fine and what you expect. The shower's and TV's in both rooms did not work and when we were leaving the next day the Manager?? said that we should have told a member of staff about the Tv. When we explained it was at 12.20 am when we discovered it she just continued to say we should have contacted the staff. She did not comment on the shower's not working. The whole package is an overpriced Bed and Breakfast and to be fair I don't mean to insult the Bed & Breakfast industry. If I had may way this house would be stripped of any awards it has got in recent years. They most have got the awards from the pictures on the Web site. In this day and age if you are prepared to pay the high price you expect the high service and luxury. Keep away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA "Best Guest Accommodation Northern Ireland 2016/2017"; 4 Gold Star & 2 Rosettes 2016; Best Hotel Restaurant 2015. Ardtara Country House Hotel is nestled in ten wooded acres in the heart of Northern Ireland where guests can lose themselves in the serenity of our 19th century rural Victorian estate. For the ultimate escape from reality, guests can relax in one of Ardtara’s uniquely decorated bedrooms after enjoying exquisite fine dining in the hunting themed Clark Restaurant. Renowned for our intimate service, we welcome guests to our conservatory for private dining, Sunday lunch and afternoon tea, which can also be enjoyed in the drawing room. Whether you are a shopper, country sports enthusiast, golfer or countryside explorer, Ardtara is within 15 to 60 minutes drivetime of key visitor attractions including Giant’s Causeway and the picturesque north coast, Titanic Belfast, Dark Hedges, made famous by Game of Thrones, Seamus Heaney’s HomePlace and Lough Neagh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ardtara Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtara Country House Hotel Upperlands
- Ardtara Hotel Derry
- Ardtara Country House Upperlands, Northern Ireland