I took my extended family to The Ardtara Country House, for a special occasion on 17th May.
Having been here before about 10 years ago I was delighted to be back.
Just as I remembered, it has all the charm and character that is expected of Country House.
We were treated to drinks in the lounge whilst our meals were prepared and after a short while were lead to the dining room, with a beautiful open fire. We were the only diners in the room for the duration of our meal. We had various combinations of starters & mains, with soup, duck, beef, salmon and steak all of which were excellent and finished off with deserts and tea with chocolates.
The service by Leah was first class, without being intrusive, she was on-hand at all times in case we needed anything. We sat for a while after the meal as there was no rush to get us out and we even had the option of returning to the lounge, if we had wanted to stay longer.
It felt like we had been invited to dinner in their house.
I would recommend The Ardtara Country House to anyone who wishes to experience something a little different and special. There are loads of hotels & restaurants that provide great food and good service, but very few that can do it in this setting in a 19th Century house.
I was most impressed and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to be well looked after and not just another customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Most Romantic Country House Of The Year” (AA Award). Ardtara is an elegantly restored 19th-century manor house, situated between Belfast and the Giant’s Causeway Coast. Once home to the Clark family, world-famous linen makers, Ardtara is now widely regarded as one of the finest country house hotels in Northern Ireland. The nine bedrooms are spacious with high ceilings, modern en-suite bathrooms, deluxe king-size beds, charming antiques and original grand (working) fireplaces. All set in the privacy and tranquility of eight wooded acres. Ardtara has also been selected as a “Fodor’s Choice” hotel, has Four Stars from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and is a member of the Ireland’s prestigious Blue Book hotel guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ardtara Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtara Country House Hotel Upperlands
- Ardtara Hotel Derry
- Ardtara Country House Upperlands, Northern Ireland