Almonds and Corals is a brilliant place to stay!
It was designed in a way as to have as little negative impact on the rain forest as possible. Therefore, you will see a lot of nature up close and personal. For example, on our entire trip to Costa Rica we saw all kinds of sloths up in the trees (this really cool animal that only climbs down the tree once a week to take a poop), but the sloth we saw at Almonds and Corals was seriously at the tree right next to us and we had the BEST view of it!
You will be amazed at how its all designed. It's like camping, but luxurious- with HOT water showers, delicious dinner and DESSERTS- ask about the suspiro limenyo? The front desk management are very friendly and accomodating although i asked for a wake up call at 6am and they didn't remember. No worries though, I woke up early, maybe to the sound of the howler monkeys?
What to do while you're there...
we were only there for a day but we rented bikes and rode them south about 10-15 minutes (a peaceful and smooth ride) to Manzanillo, another BEAUTIFUL beach! On the busy corner there is a large two story restaurant that has THE BEST LOBSTER! I was so amazed, it was like a religious experience eating this damn delicious lobster. I had no idea how good food could actually taste. (And I'm from San Diego and I've had many a trips down to Puerto Nuevo in Mexico for lobster, but the Afro-Carribean side of things is different, let me tell you!) Anyway, I went to the kitchen and personally thanked all the nice chefs that were back there and gave them another tip. Oh yeah, too, the restaurant is really open and so while we were on the second floor deck, we could watch all the people playing at the beach and just enjoying life, it was truly excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Almonds and Corals, nestled amongst the exuberant jungle of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica, offers three in one unique destinations, because it is part an exclusive Caribbean beach resort, part a safari camp and part an eco-conscious boutique hotel. The owners are devoted to offer one-of-a-kind accommodations awaiting your arrival and a unique sensory experience that promotes harmony between inner and outer self. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almonds and Corals Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Manzanillo
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Costa Rica/Manzanillo