“Brill!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pontardawe
Wales, United Kingdom
“Brill!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spent Sunday night here,checked in at 3pm to find no booking for our stay,but the landlady Cath pulled out all the stops,as we waited for our room we had a drink in the bar where we met the locals,well I have never laughed so much,plus the drinks were on the house.Our room was clean and tidy,fresh sheets and towel's,breakfast was also good.Free carpark which is a bonus,can't wait to go back,fab place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funnybunnny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Enjoyed one night stay at the Dillwyn Arms on B&B basis. The lounge bar and dining room offer a high standard of accommodation, being well decorated and furnished. My room was clean, tidy and comfortably furnished with a decent shower. Breakfast was enjoyable. I would have liked to sample the evening menu (recommended by locals), but the chef failed to turn up and the dining service had to be cancelled.
Car parking is available on site. Overall very pleasant and I will be happy to use again during my next visit to South Wales.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Perfect location for visiting Pontadawe (arts centre) . we had family room that had a double and a twin room within 1 suite which is how a family room should be. Great welcome, rooms were excellent for the price. Very clean and tidy with 5star hygiene rating. Will stay again when visiting family in area. Carpark free, free WiFi

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dai-banjo
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

stayed for 4 night's while working close by, i found the landlord/lady/staff very nice and welcoming and would definately recommend this hotel, the food was very nice and the beds are VERY comfortable, en-suite, tea/coffee and tv and very clean rooms,

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We had our wedding reception at The Dillwyn Arms Hotel on the 8th December 2012 and the whole day went perfectly. Cath, the absolutely fabulous landlady, her husband Lee and all of the hotel staff were attentive, more than efficient and very friendly throughout all the stages of the wedding, from arranging the dining room for the reception and evening party to getting me, the bride, ready and dressed for the wedding itself. We had planned on a small wedding from the outset and due to the time of year it was proving to be a nightmare in finding not only a suitable venue for our wedding reception and party but actually finding a venue at all as Christmas parties were in full swing! I had originally visited the hotel to ask if accommodation was available for family and friends travelling from away and this was when I first met Cath. I briefly explained the situation and Cath said, ‘why don’t you have it here?’ She showed me the dining room, explained what could be done, how many could be accommodated and basically the rest is history. The menu and details were discussed and finalised long before the event and all of our needs and wishes were accommodated, nothing was too much trouble. Cath arranged the evening’s entertainment and also put us onto someone who decorated the tables and room perfectly for us. We were invited to the hotel in the week before our big day to go over all the details so the event would go as smoothly as we hoped. Cath was brilliant and by her own admission, much more nervous than I was!
Our friends and family from Lancashire and Cumbria were accommodated for the weekend and took over the first floor almost completely. All were more than happy and satisfied with their rooms and remarked that the breakfast was more than substantial and the rooms very clean and comfortable. They were offered cereals before the full cooked breakfast and the toast just kept on coming! Variations to the breakfasts were also accommodated when asked for, I can only stress that nothing was too much trouble.
I stayed at the hotel with my family the night before my wedding and although sharing a room with my sister, I was given the key to another room to hang up my dress and lay out my things. On the morning of my wedding my day started at approximately 6am with me feeling nervous and shaky. I was met by Cath on the on the stairs and invited into her own accommodation and treated to a reassuring and comforting talk along with copious amounts of tea.
On my return from the hairdressers there was champagne and strawberries for myself and my family and friends, a lovely gesture and totally unexpected. Staff had come in early and all were busy with making everything ready for my day, over and above their usual duties. Cath’s mum, Anne was fantastic. She was my calming influence and her words and company were invaluable. Dawn, one of the staff had agreed weeks beforehand to help me into my dress, a task which in itself was a mammoth task due to all the lacing up, bless her…. an hours full- on workout at the gym would have proved easier and less exhausting!! A cracking job she did though as the dress stayed on and in situ all day! As I walked down the stairs to leave, I was met with loud applause from Cath (who was crying I might add) and all of the staff and Lee taking photo’s.
Our wedding reception was made perfect, by the combination of food, which everyone remarked on, not only the quality but also the quantity, the service provided by the staff was excellent, the atmosphere was brilliant and Cath, Lee, Anne, Dawn and all of the staff joined in our celebrations, it was fantastic. My special day really was amazing and apart from marrying the best man in the world it was made so fantastic by Cath and everyone at the Dillwyn Arms.
My family and friends recommend this hotel and intend staying again. This is a true example of a friendly, clean, family run hotel. The food is excellent and nothing is too much trouble. If you need anything, you only need to ask and if it is possible, it will be accommodated.
Thanks to you all…..Cath, you’re the greatest! X
Angela Evans (Mrs)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Angela E
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I searched for a little place to stay over the Christmas week, I came across this hotel, not too expensive as for the time of year but the people running it where so lovely.
I had the family room, plenty of room, clean towels, tea and coffee supplied and TV for both sleeping areas of the room.
The food and atmosphere was amazing, the locals are friendly and jolly, Lee and Cath where always on hand if we needed anything.
The days I was not visiting family was filled with free nibbles and mince pies, live music for entertainment and just such a lovely addition to the Christmas festivities.
If you want an nice comfy place to stay, friendly atmosphere and welcoming hosts, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Popped in for Sunday lunch. I used to visit with my family some years ago when the restaurant was under previous management. Very warm welcome and speedy, friendly service. Tasty food, very reasonably priced. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontardawe
Holiday Inn Express Swansea East
#1 of 3 in Neath
The Towers Hotel & Spa
The Towers Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Jersey Marine

Been to The Dillwyn Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!