“Perfect weekend away!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Whitwell B&B and Inns
south east
“Perfect weekend away!”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed here for the third time, in October. This time we stayed in the new Niton suite...it was huge and gorgeous...! Everything about Hermitage Court Farm is wonderful especially Jane and Chris who could not be more welcoming and friendly. We shall be returning at least twice next year and can't wait. It really is the best place to stay on the island, so quiet and beautiful, a definite must! Perfection!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
hermitage777, Owner at Hermitage Court Farm, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words, it is always lovely having guests returning. Chris and I are so pleased that you all had a wonderful couple of days on The Island. Looking forward to your pre Christmas visit and the big birthday vacation in February 13.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

It was my mine and my partners first time in the Isle of Wight and Hermitage Court Farm, run by the lovely Jayne and Chris, contributed towards making our short break perfect.

Hertmitage Court Farm is hidden away in beautiful IOW countryside so enjoys fabulous views. The rooms are lovely and the breakfast is amazing!

Looking forward to going back there in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
hermitage777, Owner at Hermitage Court Farm, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Chris and I are extremely pleased that you both enjoyed your first visit to The Isle of Wight. Although it was a short break we hope that you can return for some much needed R&R in the future. We really do look forward to meeting you both again.
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

For our first trip back to the IOW for at least 15 years, we were extremely lucky to have found such a wonderful spot to base ourselves for our reexploration of the island. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey up to the house through the farmland and away from any main road. Quietness is at a premium these days and Jayne and Chris's place has it - as well as great views and a wonderfully warm welcome (great cake!). The Stenbury Room that we stayed in, is really well decorated with a comfortable bed and excellent en-suite. We missed the badgers digging up Chris's lawn during the night! Breakfast was something to shout about - especially the wonderful bowl of fruit salad that was well received by us both but especially by Mrs Y. I, as befits a slightly tubby older man, thoroughly enjoyed the full English. Jayne and Chris are good listeners - part of their welcoming nature - just as well really 'cause we like to chat!

Room Tip: Great views from The Stenbury Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words, we are very glad that you both thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Hermitage Court Farmhouse and on The Isle of Wight again after such a long time. We really do look forward to you returning in the future and don't worry the Badgers will still be here - not sure about the garden though! As an exciting addition the Barn Owl has been around a lot in the evening which has been fantastic to see.
Poole, Dorset
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Jayne and Chris have created a perfect hideaway for peace and quiet. The drive up the road to the farmhouse is not for the fainthearted and I would not like to attempt it in bad weather but it was well worth it for the stunning views from the house. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very comfortable and the large screen TV was a big plus point for my teenage son! Breakfast was freshly cooked and absolutely delicious. I had a long chat with Jayne and Chris afterwards and they made me feel very much at home. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and colleagues and hope to return very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
hermitage777, Owner at Hermitage Court Farm, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a real pleasure meeting you both and we hope you find your little hideaway here on the Isle of Wight soon.
Chris and Jayne
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Myself and my wife Jan have not been to the IOW for over 20 years and wanted to return, and in doing so wanted to stay somewhere NICE and came across Hermitage Court Farm. How wrong was I. It was not nice it was absolutely stunning, brilliant, fabulous a real "Gem" of a find. When we started to go up the lane to HCF I started to wonder where on earth I was going but when we came into the open hills and saw HCF in the distance, both our mouths dropped in seeing the stunning views that was ahead and around us. The location in itself won us over, and it just got better. When I parked the car we were greeted with the most warmest and friendliest of greetings by Jayne. She took us to our room, which was the Niton Suite, and after we had settled in the greeting was extended to cake and coffee in the breakfast room. What about the cake? After the first bite I was drooling just like Homer Simpson. It was absolutely scrumptious. Our room was absolutely lovely, very clean, very bright, very comfortable, good amenities with stunning views to the front, side and back of our room (being nosey I did have a look at the room next to ours when the guests checked out and that room too was lovely. Hope you don't mind Jayne) Next the breakfast. It was to die for. It was nicely cooked and it is without doubt that the ingredients used are butcher and farm quality. I did ask Jayne where she got her sausages from and they come from a butcher in Bembridge, they are yummy and very meaty. It was at breakfast on our first morning that we met Chris and he too was like Jayne, lovely, friendly and someone that you take an instant liking to. It is without doubt that Jayne and Chris strive to make their guests feel welcome and to make sure that your stay is a good one. In fact I would say that their hosting skills to their guests are one of an exceptionally high standard and that nothing is too much for them in making their guests feel welcome. I will definitely be going back and I must apologize to all the other accommodation premises on the IOW, I have found my "Gem" and will be sticking to it. To Jayne and Chris, thank you for a lovely stay, thank you for your lovely hospitality and look forward to returning to HCF soon.

Room Tip: They are all nice. I would be happy to stay in any of the rooms.
hampshire
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We returned to this Shangri-la and our expectations were once again met. Yet again on our arrival Jayne produced a piece of cream sponge cake that puts my efforts to shame, in fact I have told my husband that I shall no longer provide such cakes and he can take me to the Isle of Wight to get his 'fix' as often as he likes.
Our room was as beautiful as we remembered, and the bed just as comfortable. Even the weather was in our favour, and the views from our windows just as delightful as they were previously. The towels so thick and fluffy, even the bath robes are comfy.
Breakfast is 'to die for' and the service comes with genuine smiles from both Chris and Jayne. We resisted the temptation to 'eat in' our evening meal for the sake of my waistline, but the other 2 couples who ate in were very enthusiastic about their evening meal.
This is a B&B of very high standards ,very quiet and way off the beaten track but SO worth the journey.

Room Tip: have only twice stayed in the Niton Suite but peeped into the other rooms and they look just as nice...
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

Having walked extensively on the island and sampled many places to stay this B&B extends the warmest welcome and is run by genuinely nice people. This is the second time I have visited during a walking trip with a good friend and we chose to return because the food (dinner and breakfast) is excellent, the beds are comfy and the rooms are equipped with every amenity, all delivered with a smile at a fair price. It's a little off the beaten track but well worth a visit. Go there!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitwell
The Royal Hotel
#3 of 51 in Shanklin
Enchanted Manor
Enchanted Manor
#1 of 1 in Niton

Been to Hermitage Court Farm? Share your experiences!