“300+ lovely cats” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mann Cat Sanctuary
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Santon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Mann Cat Sanctuary is a registered charity in the Isle of Man, No. 705. It is a safe haven for neglected and unwanted cats. We operate a strict non-destruct policy, unless an animal is suffering from a terminal illness or has injuries that are beyond veterinary help. If you don't like old age and imperfection then this is not the place to visit! We Welcome visitors during the summer on Wednesday and Sunday from 2pm-5pm. The entrance fee is a six pack of cat food!
Watermaal-Bosvoorde, Brabant, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“300+ lovely cats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

300 lovely cats - you can play with them, pet them, feed them or just enjoy their company. Some of these cats have been through hell - you can ask about their histories if you have the stomach for it. But look at the way they prance about now! A big hats off to the team of volunteers.
A must visit if you like cats, perfect to be combined with a visit to the horse resting home down the road.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Pieter U

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cat heaven :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I visited here twice this year in TT week. I ummmmd and aaaahhhhhd about going in case I was upset at what I would see. I did have tears, but tears of joy!!!
The place is amazing. The cats are free to roam and they all come back so that says it all really. The volunteers are all doing a fantastic job and really care. I have since become a sponsor and a friend of this amazing place. I'll be back again next year in TT week. It really is cat heaven. Best bit was sitting on the grass with a couple of the 'welcoming committee' of cats coming to greet us. I really didn't want to leave. If you love cats then you've got to go...

Visited June 2013
3 Thank shellmun
Richmond, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The reason for my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'd visited the cat sanctuary twice before, and chose this trip to coincide with my 50th birthday.
I'd promised my children I'd take them one day, and they loved it as much as I do.
We spent all afternoon being sat on and stroking cats in the sunshine and calm atmosphere.
Sue and her volunteers are amazing people.
Thank you for the opportunity to visit again.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank GIRLTHING63
Handforth, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Peace and Tranquility!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Manncat Sanctuary is a place that oozes a lovely feeling of peace, as soon as you make your way around the back of the farm the cats sense humans coming and run to be the first to be fussed and hugged, sit down on one of the benches and you can be covered head to toe in cats of all colours and sizes, they are so adorable, enter into the main cat house (the conservatory) and there will be many more just lying on their blankets sleeping or just chilling to the sound of very relaxing music which is always put on for them, a lot of them have arrived there after having bad starts to their lives but the people who work for Sanctuary are the cats healers, they take them to be checked over and treated by the Vet called Ruth, also at the Sanctuary they have horses, donkeys, geese,hens, rabbits, dogs all these animals are free to roam and are very tolerant of each other, there is an aviary and a very large bird called Boo Boo who is definately the Boss!!!
There is no fee to pay to enter Manncat Sanctuary, but you can make a donation or take some cat food to top up supplies and there is a gift shop if you wish to buy their lovely wares that don't cost a fortune.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Libby D
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Cat Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

This place is wonderful (if you like cats of course). The cats are friendly and well looked after. I visited the cat sanctuary in the early 1980s when it was in Douglas and I think this is much better, as the cats have the freedom to roam. There is not an entrance fee as such,but you can make a donation either in money or cat food. The only down side is the busy road next to it.

Visited April 2013