I took an opportunity to see the Isle of Man for the first time in my life. I booked 3 nights at what claims to be the IoM's best hotel, taking a morning plane out from Manchester and an evening plane back, giving me 4 usable days. The Mount Murray doesn't do checkins until 2pm, which gave me no opportunity to go anywhere on the first afternoon. However it has a good gym, free to hotel guests, so I was able to put in an hour there. It's also not near any restaurants or pubs, so my only option for lunch and dinner on the first day was the hotel itself. The food is goodish but not great, (room ditto). However the price of meals and drinks was not as bad as on the mainland at similar hotels, and it is only 5 minutes' walk to get a bus, which is about half-hourly. The place is secluded, and there is a swimming pool and a golf course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to the Isle of Man is for business or pleasure, Mount Murray Hotel Isle of Man offers a multitude of facilities for the discerning traveller. Perfectly set in 200 acres of beautiful Manx countryside and ideally located between the airport and Douglas, this AA rated four-star Isle of Man hotel, has 90 of the largest bedrooms, superb health and fitness centre, hydrotherapy unit and indoor swimming pool.The Mount Murray is the only Isle of Man hotel with its own 18-hole championship golf course with spectacular views across the Island.Extensive conference and banqueting facilities offer a variety of suites to meet requirements for any event, be it a business presentation or a romantic wedding reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Murray Hotel And Country Club
- Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club Isle Of Man/Santon