After reading some disparaging reviews on tripadvisor I was concerned about my decision to book a colleague and I into this hotel. I was unable to get into the usual hotel they used, which was the Sefton. The hotel and country club is set in nice grounds with a lake. The first impressions upon entering reception was that it was relaxed and inviting and the receptionist, Jane, was most friendly and helpful. My room was on the 5th floor, access out through reception and across into another building but no real hardship despite it being windy and cold and at least it was under cover. The hotel is still undergoing refurbishment and the halls were being painted. New red carpets, doors and radiators and the lighting was, as per other reviews, a tad dim as the eco lights came on as you passed along the corridor. My room was very spacious and the bed huge and comfortable. Free wifi easy to access, always a must for a business traveller. Great Samsung wall mounted slim flat screen TV. The room was cold but a wall heater, when switched on dare I say, solve that issue. The bathroom was clean and spacious but had one of those auto hair dryers, not my cup of tea but hey it worked. The bathroom was cold and that was the only niggle. We ate in the main restaurant and the meal was exceptionally good! We both chose steaks a fillet and a rib eye and both were cooked to perfection. However, the best thing about this hotel were, without question, the staff. They have to be THE most friendly, witty and funny hotel staff I have encountered and made the stay all the more memorable. So much so my colleague has booked again for next month and will continue to use it on a regular basis whilst over on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to the Isle of Man is for business or pleasure, Mount Murray Hotel Isle of Man offers a multitude of facilities for the discerning traveller. Perfectly set in 200 acres of beautiful Manx countryside and ideally located between the airport and Douglas, this AA rated four-star Isle of Man hotel, has 90 of the largest bedrooms, superb health and fitness centre, hydrotherapy unit and indoor swimming pool.The Mount Murray is the only Isle of Man hotel with its own 18-hole championship golf course with spectacular views across the Island.Extensive conference and banqueting facilities offer a variety of suites to meet requirements for any event, be it a business presentation or a romantic wedding reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Murray Hotel And Country Club
- Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club Isle Of Man/Santon