“Don't just talk about it GO.”

Views Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Onchan
Cuisines: American, Italian, British, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just back from having dinner at the Views. I have 2 great friends from Switzerland over for the Isle of Man TT races and they wanted to take us to dinner. It's the busiest time of the year for the Island and booking a table anywhere was impossible. I have never been to the Views before but my daughter had and recommend it. I rang the restaurant and was very surprised when he said he could fit us in at 6pm but he needed the table at 8 if this was any good. We took this table and we were not disappointed. The stairs up to the restaurant are a bit difficult for anyone with mobility issues I don't know if they have disable entrance and to be honest I didn't ask sorry. The restaurant was busy, clean and bright with a great view of the sea. The Service was quick and the staff were very good it's a casual style of dining and suited us greatly. The menu was large enough to cover every budget and tastes, portion sizes were perfect. Even though they were busy the food arrived quickly and hot also nicely presented. They are open all day and you can just have a coffee and cake or a good pint of beer and a steak pie. This is not a pub, or a total restaurant and children were welcome. To me it is what a good pub should be like and the quality and value for money with great service of a more upmarket restaurant. The price for 5 was very good and even eating the most expensive dishes including drinks and vat only worked out at £30 per head. I had mussels in a loverly cream and wine sauce the mussels were a little small but sweet and perfectly cooked and the portion size made up for the size of the mussels. I followed this with a medium surf and turf sirloin steak with garlic king prawns. A very good quality steak, cooked to perfection finalised with a knickerbocker glory " if my diabetic consultant is reading this I am sorry I just had too". They have an open kitchen you can see into, the chefs worked as a good team and were clean and organised great job guys. They also put on free entertainment for us a very spectacular Red Arrows display and this ended a great time and meal. We will defiantly be going back and as the headline says if your thinking about it do it you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Having dined at The Views on quite a few occasions I have yet to find Fault! Roy and Pauline have a following wherever they go. I first dined at one of their establishments, Molly's Kitchen with my children when they were little, we then followed them to Coasters on the Quay. They then left the Island for a while but when news spread that Roy and Pauline were returning to take over The Views, they made alot of people happy. Their food is always excellent, the view overlooking Onchan park and out to sea is breathtaking. Try their mouth watering menus from chicken wings, pate to sizzling gammon steaks or Lasagne.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The food & service was excellent, there were six of us & every meal was fab. It was my birthday & couldn't have asked for a nicer place to eat.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

There a good broad choice of food on the menu here so it's a bit of a crowd pleaser. It's usually always packed so make sure you book ahead. Food is all pretty good. Not outstanding but very good. Portion sizes are generous, it's nice,y laid out inside and the staff are always friendly. The price is usually pretty reasonable too.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

always good value and excellent menu in lovely surroundings with excellent service and attention - have been there often with work mates and we have nothing but praise for the views