“Fantastic food, great service and quick too!”
Review of The Yews

The Yews
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Great Glen
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great service and quick too!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived fairly late in the day on Father's day without booking and managed to get a table without delay, which we were really happy about, especially when there were so many reserved tables! It was my first visit and I liked the overall 'vibe' of the place/décor.

We both ordered the 'Sunday Best' Slow Cooked Lamb, which was extremely delicious. The meat was perfectly slow-cooked to perfection to fall off the bone, the vegetables were tasty and cooked 'just right' and the roast potatoes were amazing. Good portion sizes and lovely homemade gravy and Yorkshires - it was fantastic... In fact I would go so far as to say it was the best Sunday lunch I have eaten in a very long time!

The food arrived very quickly and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Not the cheapest Sunday lunch you can buy but great value for money. You get what you pay for after all and I believe it was worth every penny. Will definitely return soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TaraTee

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ate at the Yews last evening. We arrived a few minutes early for our booking but it still look more than 45 mins for our food to be served. The belly pork was not cooked well, the fat was not rendered and not nice at all. Bits of bay leaf in the red cabbage was nasty.

Shame, when we've eaten here before the food has been good but definitely an 'off' night yesterday.

Please do something about the service, this is the 3rd meal we've had here in the last couple of months and the service is appalling.

1 Thank Pat S
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Yews, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Pat S

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Yews with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We eat out quite a bit and a friend had recommended The Yews to us. Having looked at the reviews on here, it's fair to say that we were intrigued by such mixed reviews - people either seem to love it or hate it.
We decided to give it a whirl and see for ourselves on a Friday evening. We were seated at a lovely table overlooking the large beer garden.
Our food arrived quickly and was absolutely superb - sea bass fillets and scallops on top of a crayfish, pea and chive risotto for me, and an 8oz sirloin for my partner. All cooked to perfection and decent sized portions.
For dessert we had raspberry tartlet and the chocolate orange truffle torte - the latter being for me and I have to say that it was quite possibly the best dessert I have ever had!
The bill was more than reasonable thanks to a 25% reduction we had courtesy of O2 Priority Moments, but we would've been happy to pay full price for such wonderful food.
We decided to round the evening off with a further drink in the beer garden as it was such a lovely night.
We shall definitely return!

1 Thank mgal69
Corby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Garden in the sunshine”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The Yews is a very good looking pub restaurant, good selection of drinks - maybe not the cheapest place to eat and drink however the Beer Garden is a fantastic place to have a meal and a few drinks with friends on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

The tables are spaced out so you are not on top of each other, some come with shade. Good food is served all day, Monday to Saturday 12 - 4pm they have a saver menu for those on a budget or you can choose from the main menu; all catered for.

Would I visit again - most definitely

2 Thank Peter P
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Always exceeds my expectations”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I visit the yews quite often and on this occasion I had all the family visiting so decided to book a table. All in all there were 10 of us so I would of understood if the service was slightly slower than usual. But the staff were fantastic and very accommodating, the kids were given crayons and a colouring sheet which kept them occupied. And our waitress made sure we had everything we needed. The food was great and the bill wasn't as big as expected. Thoroughly enjoyed by all!

2 Thank Holly_S_12186334