Four of us booked and went here for lunch. Only two tables were being used, ours with 4 and another with 3 guests. We weren't greeted with any enthusiasm but our table was pointed at so we knew where to sit, and sit, and sit. After waiting for 10-15 minutes while the staff appeared very busy the whole time doing nothing in particular we got fed up and went to the empty bar to order drinks and also ask if we could have some menus. After deciding what we wanted we managed to give our order to a waitress as she hurriedly crossed the bar busily doing something else that was not particularly evident but whatever it was didn't seem to involve customers. Some of the party ordered the soup of the day from the blackboard at the bar to be told that they had run out of the soup for the day (it was 12:30 and there were only 7 diners in the place, none of whom had soup of the day)!! Eventually, when the food arrived it was well presented and was of a perfectly reasonable standard, and they were able to provide an alternative soup to be fair, but having to wait well over an hour for it to arrive was too long. I appreciate that food has to be cooked fresh but you just got the impression that not much was happening. When we were due to leave the barman came to the table and had a conversation and was very friendly and jovial. Why this was not possible when we arrived I don't know? We have a number of restaurants we use in the area, all of which are reliably friendly and have excellent food and service, but just thought we'd try The Manners for a change. Unfortunately, while I appreciate they may have just had an off day or some catastrophe in the kitchen, I don't think we'll be returning in a hurry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manners Arms is a luxury AA 4 Star country restaurant with rooms claiming pride of place in the heart of The Vale of Belvoir. Formerly a hunting lodge, built for the 6th Duke of Rutland the building has been refurbished to an exceptionally high standard and our hotel boasts 10 beautiful individually appointed bedrooms, an AA Rosette awarded restaurant and a traditional bar. The Manners Arms offers surroundings with style, the very best in food, drink and spectacular service creating a unique destination delivering amazing experiences to guests. The Restaurant is a destination in its own right and attracts diners from across the region. We serve locally sourced modern British food and it is complimented by the bar, serving four real ales including a local beer brewed within the Vale. This has been tastefully restored and oozes charm and has all the character you could dream of with cozy corners and comfy armchairs. A perfect retreat if you are looking to escape the buzz of the city. Here there is a clear belief in creating a relaxed atmosphere, sophisticated surroundings and passion for great service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Manners Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manners Arms Hotel Knipton
- Manners Arms Leicestershire