“Cool Camping”
Review of Wing Hall Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wing
Wing Hall Estate
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed first week of July for a great weekend at one of our favourite camp sites, a family home with extensive grounds. If you like proper countryside camping with spacious informal pitches rather than a more manicured pristine site then this is for you. We have 3 kids under 6 and they love this place whether its climbing the old oak trees, feeding the chickens with the owners in the morning or building dens in the woods. Only disappointment was that the veranda bistro was fully booked on saturday night so reserve ahead! Oh and book field 3 if you want distant views of the countryside rather than views of the Hall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Back to the countryside (again!), another lovely weekend at Wing Hall. We arrived to camp on friday and stayed until Monday....it was just as nice as last time. The people (staff and other campers) as so friendly. The chickens were still running about, and the children we were amongst were having a great time. The views are stunning looking across to the green fields with the main house behind you. The Veranda Cafe didn't disappoint again...cake please (banana this time, although the choice left me pondering for a minute or 2!). the breakfasts in there are also good, and the coffee is really good quality. The farm shop also has some yummy goodies and fresh items, everything you would expect (and a bit more). We didn't venture out in the surrounding areas, we just relaxed in the peaceful surroundings...and did nothing bu enjoy it!

Room Tip: Pleas note, this is a campground, and not a hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have just returned from the fabulous wing hall estate. The charming wing hall forms the centrepiece with a great cafe and farm shop that has everything you could possibly need. Our kids made friends immediately and spent the whole weekend running wild up on the house lawn and in the small wood next to the lawn. The environment and laid back style of Wing, unlike more regimented campsites, made us feel comfortable letting the kids roam, so we could relax while they made dens and had adventures and chased the chickens. The toilets were clean and the showers hot. Being super critical the pitches could be flatter, but the view over the hills made up for this. We will be back next year without a doubt.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We have just had a wonderful weekend camping at Wing Hall. It's got such a lovely simple charm to the place and our children loved playing in the trees and making friends with the chickens! For the adults, the farm shop is packed with gorgeous goodies and far too many tempting cakes and the cafe bar on Saturday night had a lovely relaxed vibe with a cool jazz band. Can definitely recommend this for a family wanting a campsite which is a little bit special!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I spent 5 nights here for the Bird Fair this year and have to say I was disappointed. This was my third year, the first was ok, but last year and this year I had problems with the electric, and the treatment and the way I was spoken to by the elderly woman in reception was, to say the least, aggressive. After trying to help a camper next to me with her electric I was singled out by the other woman who works there (the younger one but just as aggressive) and called me a rude name and I heard her say I was a nasty woman. I spoke to her about this and she said she was tired and had been up since 5.30 am. Both of these women need a lesson in customer service. They were both very rude The second woman had also just reduced the camper next to me to tears, shouting at her and saying "Look at me". I was horrified by the treatment these woman (who I believe to be family members of the owner) meted out to us, as customers. I also felt that the raucous behaviour by the family friends - loud noise, swearing and going on too late, was uncalled for. I will definitely not be going back to this camp site again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 3JosieB
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Despite the "rules" saying that that it should be quiet after 10pm, there was a huge noisy party next to us who made a racket until after midnight. The language that they used within hearing distance of our children was excruciating. Worst of all it turned out they were family of the owner so should have known better but thought they were above the rules. The showers and toilets are far from adequate too. Find somewhere else.

1  Thank DeborahSacks2015
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have stayed here for several years while attending Birdfair and have always been reasonably happy. We asked to be put in a quite area, which was fine for Thursday night, but on Friday it all changed. We were in the middle of a very noisy family group who partied until midnight with much noise and bad language, despite rules saying quiet by 10.00pm. It was totally unsuitable for our children and we felt that we had no option but to check out on Saturday morning rather than stay the extra night. Worse, it seems that they were connected to the owner. Even worse, there was only cold water in the showers! We won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Been to Wing Hall Estate? Share your experiences!