“Wedding Party”
Review of The George Inn

The George Inn
The George Inn
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel which is located just over the Humber Bridge on the South side, as we were attending a wedding in Barton.
The room was large, well appointed and the staff especially the lady owner was very friendly and helpful
The breakfast was plentiful and cooked to order ( Excellent)

Room Tip: All Rooms are quiet and comfortable, the only negative is that you have to climb stairs as there is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles Y

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a family wedding 18 aug lots of family stayed over two nights,Sara the landlady and her team were so friendly ,nothing was to much trouble ,the rooms were excellent ,food good .Enjoyed our stay very much would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you again Sara from a very happy wedding party

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We spent three nights at this pub/hotel and cannot fault it for efficiency, friendliness and atmosphere. Our room was large, light, quiet and clean. The bed very comfortable. Clean towels every day. Huge freshly cooked breakfast available but also fresh fruit, yogurt, toast etc. The landlord and landlady are extremely helpful and friendly. The bar was busy each evening though not too noisy and although we didn't eat in the restaurant, the bar food looked good. There is some parking at the rear of the hotel and Barton itself is a delightful small town. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Recently refurbished both in the bar and in the rooms. Some on site car parking which is covered by security cameras. The room we had was large and clean although hot in the july heatwave (a fan would have helped). Food in the bar was freshly cooked, reasonably priced and appeared home made. The bar had well kept real ales which we enjoyed. the staff were friendly and helpful. Barton itself is a pretty town although a bit dogeared in parts. well worth a stay & visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

me and my partner stopped off in barton upon humber had a walk around town and decided to have a drink and something to eat in the George hotel .the place was spotless the staff was very friendly and very helpful we ordered basic food and it was amazing cant wait to visit again very soon

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nigelrobertdraper
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday 8 th June. We had to be at South Ferriby on the Sundayfor 8am, to go aboard the Comrade Keel boat for a days trip on the number. Sarah said we could have our breakfast at 7am.
The staff were very friendly. The food was great.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Family research brought me to the George Inn, Barton on Humber after I had found
the inn on the internet. I travelled from Northampton to Barton by train and bus using
first class where possible on the train route. The trains were very punctual. I used a
taxi from Hull railway station to Barton which cost £18. which included the Bridge Toll
of £1.50. I checked in and was given Room 7. having arrived on the afternoon opf
Saturday 18th. may, 2013. at 14.00 hrs. The day was my birthday. The inn is centrally
situated close to the Market Place. I booked to stay until Monday morning. The inn has
been refurbished in what I consider a tasteful style given its previously poor decor. The
inn is under new proprietorship, namely, Sarah and James. The George Inn has a history
going back to at least the eighteenth century, as local historians have recorded in their
published works on Barton's history. After drinking several pints of 'Black Sheep' ale,
I checked into my room accessed by a stairway. Room 7 faced onto the side street which
came off the Market Place. The room was spacious and had a modern TV, but no telephone.
So clearly my messages must be collected at reception ( the bar ). I had a double bed and
very good adjoining toilet and shower room. I had booked a place for dinner with a bottle of
champagne. The restaurant was pleasantly furnished and the meal proved to be value for
money. I retained the champagne for Sunday breafast and a Buck's fizz ( with fresh orange
juice ). All - in - all my stay was very pleasant and the staff were always very helpeful. There
is adequate parking space for guests and visitors. I paid by Master Card. The three days
cost me £248. which included dinners, lunch, and breakfasts. Very good value. My return
journey also proved to be comfortable using first class seats via Hull, Doncaster, and
Birmingham New Street - Northampton. I can thoroughly recommend this inn which is fit
for a King [ George II, et al ].
Geoff Hamilton, editor, anglo-nordic times intl./look nordic. Fd. 1976.
editor@nordic-times.co.uk. 18 - 20. v. 2013