“Wonderful dinner”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for evening dinner on Sunday. Seated in the conservatory it was lovely light and quiet. Once ordered (delay waiting for kids to decide) the food was ready quite quickly. Portions were big, piping hot and tasty. We will be using again when in the area.

ROBIN M, Owner at Marrowbone and Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you so much for your rdeview we are so pleased you enjoyed your meal.
We hope to see you again soon.
Robin & Ros.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We called into this pub on our way to catch a plane to see the Northern lights from Kirmington ...(we should have stayed in the pub ..but that's another story !) ..we had THE most delicious meals we've had in long time.. The portions are massive ..and so well cooked ....I had salmon which was just delicious ...my husband had bangers and mash and every bit was eaten .... Gorgeous treacle sponge .. stuffed ! Thank you Marrowbone and Cleaver ....definitely be back !

ROBIN M, Owner at Marrowbone and Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review i am sorry we have not met your expectations
on this occasion but we would to see you again and you are
welcome to have a meal on me.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We booked a table for sunday lunch for 4 people. The meal was very good with excellent service. We all really enjoyed the meal and will be returning again soon. the price and ambience in the conservatory were exceptional with good views of the church and village

1  Thank 24melly

Thank you so much for your review.
Regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We went for a meal at the Marrowbone and Cleaver tonight as we have on many an occasion, and every time previous it has been good fayre. However tonight was a totally different story and it seems like something has gone seriously wrong. For a start the starters were horrid, chicken goujons almost black after being fried to within an inch of their life and the mushrooms and garlic were horribly rubbery in a creamy sauce, the same sauce that seemed to be handed out as wild mushroom sauce for burgers.
I had the steak and ale pie with veg and mash for main and this pub used to be known for the pie, and I'm ashamed to say that I really didn't enjoy it tonight, it tasted totally different and the pastry was a broken mess on top, the veg were bland and overdone and the mash was frozen rubbish.
My partner and her parents had chicken curry and burgers and nothing seemed very good to be honest.
I'm actually very disappointed to tell the truth as I used to love coming here for a hearty feed, but I'm sorry this has just turned me right off.

Thank you so much for your kind review
It means a lot to know you enjoyed your meal
We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visited the Marrowbone and Cleaver last night with friends for a meal. It was a Monday night and very quiet. The food was lovely, delivery was fast and the staff were very efficient and friendly. Thank you!

1  Thank SnellLincs

Thank you for your kind review,we always try to do
our best.
I am happy that you enjoyed your meal.