“Excellent holiday going back next year !!!!!”

Tattershall Lakes Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tattershall
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent holiday going back next year !!!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at tattershall lakes from 2nd August to the 9th.We stayed in a comfort 2 bedroom lodge with a lovely view of the little lake on the bull rush part and couldn't of asked for much more. Every one of staff were friendly from the management to the housekeeping even the gardener would stop and ask if everything was ok. In all honestly they couldnt do enough for us.
The childrens entertainment was great thanks to yzzy and dot.
We enjoyed it that much we have booked for same time next year.
So thank you to all the staff for making our holiday what it was and see you in August 2015
regards
Mr and Mrs Bronti

• Stayed August 2014
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
You are very welcome Mr & Mrs Bronti & thank you for not only taking the time to review your holiday but also for all of the great things you have said about us! We look forward to seeing you at the same time next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Norfolk
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second stay at Tattershall - our first was last summer, when we had been disappointed with the entertainment staff, particularly one member who clearly didn't have her heart in the job and had wandered off and left our children to get on with it when we took them to a craft activity being run by her.

But despite that, we returned this year, mainly because of the lovely setting and the wakeboarding & jet skiing activities available, but were very pleasantly surprised by the (new?) entertainment team - particularly Dot and Yzzy, who were fantastic. They were always smiling and put on a fantastic show each night. Our youngest child did a couple of arts and crafts activities with Dot and she was absolutely lovely with her. The contrast with the staff last summer was huge - thank goodness!

Our children are already saying they want to go back again next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I see you've upped the number of stars you have given us this year which is great, not only for our overall rating, but for me personally as I was delighted to read how much you feel we've improved since last year! I was pleased with last year's Entertainments team but this year's team are absolutely superb!
guisborough
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from our 3rd camping trip to this site, sad to see they had absolutely crammed the tents and tourers to the limit, the facilities just can't cope with the volume of campers, 5 toilets and showers in the ladies is just not enough, 3 wash up points! The cleaning staff do their best but the scruffy "guests" do their best to trash the toilets daily, no wonder the cleaners look fed up. The pool and entertainment room also just not big enough for the sheer number of people. But my biggest gripe is the fishing lakes have been reduced to private fishing rights, so there are now limited number of places to fish now. The reason we came back here is because we have been in the past to fish the lakes.
On the plus side it is in a nice location and is a good base to travel to other resorts. The staff were nice, Keiran in particular.
We still had a nice week camping though, and it's also worth pointing out that RAF Coningsby is next door and planes take off regularly throughout theday until midnight.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank meandmel
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I'm sorry that you felt your holiday experience was not as good as before but I must point out that you were staying with us in the height of the season when the park was full to capacity. It was nice to learn that despite this you still had a nice week's camping with us
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Mentions of greatness go out to Kierian who was a fantastic football coach for my son at the Junior football. Ash who worked so hard in booking activities for families. A negative to this is at peak times of year more activities should be available and the booking system and queue was a frustration. We started off in a comfort caravan which was adequate, but due to lack of hot water we were moved and upgraded by a very efficient security staff member called Harry. This caravan was a treat and had luxury furnishings and extras. Diane was a very efficient at front of house with directions and very helpful and friendly with our family. The swimming pool and club house facilities need to be extended as they do not fit to the size of the overall park. Dot and Yzzy were full of enthusiasm and were great with the kids. Especially Yzzy's abilities when teaching activities were great and she was very patient. Make sure Yzzy you let your mum know that her old hairdresser's wife visited the club! All in all we had a lovely break and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 728chicken1
Pleased to learn the staff impressed you even though you were frustrated by our booking system! The comments we have had regarding the teams on park have been outstanding this year which is always a great thing for me to hear!
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This holiday park is excellent and I think the water sports were a good price too and very good equipment, everybody was friendly and all the staff at the different water sports were very helpful. I will be definately coming back

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt M
Glad to hear you will be coming back Matt & thanks for the nice things you have said about the park & the staff
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We've just returned from Tattershall Lakes after a 4 night mid-week stay. We booked a luxury caravan which was really clean, all looked quite new, TV in bedroom with en-suite toilet/basin, all kitchen utensils were plentiful and clean. We were in the area 'Larch View' which was very quiet and what I'd asked for (a quiet/peaceful area). The first night we were there we had complimentary beer and a bottle of wine delivered which was a great touch!

However, there were a few disappointments - the swimming pool is far, far too small for the size of the park/the amount of guests staying there. I know it was summer holidays so its peak period but there are only about 6 or 7 changing rooms, its ridiculous. The pool operates a band system which worked well but of course you have to queue to get access into the pool, queue to get changed, queue after your swim to get dry/changed.

Thankfully we were in a caravan as the touring pitches were really busy and so close to each other, I don't know if it was noisy but I've never seen anything like it!

We ate at the pub which is just outside the park - The Inn which was very nicely decorated/modern and food was tasty.

Seeing the jets fly over every day was great, it didn't bother us and our son loved it. I can see why some people would dislike this as they're very loud but perhaps just don't stay at Tattershall !!

The staff at reception do need to brush up on their basic knowledge though - I rang one day asking what time the clubhouse stopped serving lunch and they didn't know, that's a disappointment/bit unprofessional/doesn't create a great impression.

Overall we had a good, peaceful stay which is really important to us but I don't think we'll return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank donnatoby
Thanks for your review & I was pleased that overall you had a good holiday but I was concerned with a comment you made about a member of our Guest Services team. As these staff are all well versed with regards to our opening times on park I can only assume that during our peak period the phone was answered by another team member, perhaps someone from our Housekeeping team, who would not have known the answer to your query. Either way I would like to apologise to you for this lapse. Feedback has shown us that the majority of our guests prefer to change for & after swimming in their accommodation hence the number of changing facilities that we provide. I'm sure you can also appreciate that the park does not have anywhere near the same number of guests all year round as it does during the peak season hence the size of the pool but I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have been to tattershall twice now both times in 41 duck lake. first time last year it was lovely the owner of the cabin had just taken ownership of it. So we wasn't hesitant about booking this year. O my goodness what a mistake. We arrived for our two weeks holiday beginning of June as we pulled up to the cabin my first reaction was' what has happened here. The cabin was covered and I mean covered in cob webs it actually looked like it was Halloween. As we walked up the path towards the cabin a member of staff who we later found out also cleaned the cabin for the owner obviously saw the dismay on my face said, I am coming in the morning to clean the out side and also clean the hot tub. He then made a hasty exit NEVER to return. Once inside the cabin it was immediately clear to see the cabin was filthy it took myself and my daughter two days to clean it to a liveable state. The cutlery and crockery was filthy and chipped. Kitchen greasy dead flies every where stuck to the grease. Cob webs everywhere broken tiles on both bathroom floors carpet peeled up in end bedroom causing a trip hazard. The living room carpet filthy The list is endless. I immediately texted the owner of the cabin. My returning text from her was, Someone is getting fired this is not the fist complaint. That didn't help us. I then got in touch with Sykes holidays whom we had booked the holiday with to be told one of their area managers would be out to see us on the Friday,we waited in all day no one turned up. I then received a text message fom the owner two days before we was due to leave asking us if she could come to the cabin to bring a new cleaner just to show her what she had to clean,I obviously agreed so the next occupiers would at least have a cleaner place to stay, the owner arrived at the cabin with her mother and three cleaners to actually do an itinerary I was not happy. Strangers actually going through our belongings. TWO hours later they just rudely left. Sykes cottages did eventually turn up on the day we left, but to there dismay I waited around outside the cabin while he turned up two hours after we to be out of the cabin. Top and bottom of it all hope the cabin was in a better living state for you people whom stayed there after us. Because if we hadn't complained and had such a bad experience, so would you. And to Sykes cottages and the owner thanks for nothing and ruining our only holiday this year.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Sashauk21
I'm so sorry that you had this experience Sasha however, as you are already aware, this was a unit that was privately hired & therefore we were unable to help you with any of your issues. There is always the danger of problems arising & if holidays are not booked through us then we are unable to assist. I would also like to point out that the owner of this cabin has her own team of cleaners to valet her unit so again, nothing we could do!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tattershall
Petwood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Branston
Bainland Lodge Park
Bainland Lodge Park
#1 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to Tattershall Lakes Country Park? Share your experiences!