My wife and daughter booked this site for the first outing in our touring caravan. We booked a super pitch as advertised in their brochure and website because it had full services, hard standing, fresh water supply, grey water outlet and electricity and "The Best Views in the Park". On arrival it was confusing with traffic just driving passed the receiption, no proper pull in place for tourers so we followed the traffic into the park in the hope of finding a place to stop. We drove into the touring area and stopped along side a warden gave our names and he said choose any pitch that we had just passed. so we turned our outfit around and drove onto a concrete hardstanding that was available. Once out of the car, we noticed that the water supply was capped off, the tap was in a puddle in the concrete, the grey inlet was taped over and the hook up box was badly broken. We approaced a security man who said he would get it sorted, after 1/2 an hour still no sign of him so my wife went to the office and spoke to them, the girl in there apologised and said we could move to another pitch, but all the available pitches were either the same or in a worse state than the one we were on. Broken pipes of all types electric boxes not working and rubble instead of hardstandings. As I walked around the site most of the pitches had problems with the stand pipes and electricty boxes, the family in the next caravan had a pipe with a tap that worked, but he could not use it properly as the tap was about 3 inches of the ground. We again visited the office and the receptionist came down to look at what we were complaining about, she could not understand why we were so annoyed, by the time she had got there a maintenance man had taped the electricity box up (which prevented opening it up to reset the circuit breakers). We left the site to try and find somewhere else to stay but being bank holiday could not find anywhere, we returned to Tattershall to find they had tee'd off the neighbours water, making it worse for him and put a flexi pipe with a tape across to our van, unfortuantely it was on the wrong side for the water supply for the van. We connected the electricty cables to the van and found there was no power! We returned to the office once more to find other irate families that had been double booked in their holiday accommodation and asked for a full refund as we would not be staying, after a long and heated argument we finally got a letter to say they would refund our money. After waiting for over 3 hours for help we decided to leave... and have vowed never to return there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Location Tattershall Lakes Country Park is not just your normal run-of-the-mill holiday park, but something really special. If you are looking for that elusive 'quality time' then we can offer just what you are looking for. Our beautiful park is set amongst stunning parkland, lakes and woodland. The wonderful location and our friendly staff are set to provide you with lots of smiles and a very enjoyable family holiday. Located in the heart of Lincolnshire, nestled between the Fens and the Wolds, Tattershall Lakes Country Park simply has loads to do.Plenty to do... There's a lake for Jet-skiing, another for Water-skiing and three lakes for fishing! There is an 9 hole Golf Course and a brand new crazy golf course. We've invested an extensive amount into our facilities for 2016 to enhance your customer experience. You can now enjoy our brand new Merlin Complex which comes with a brand new bar and restaurant called the Spitfire, new arcades and games group, new Propeller Bar balcony to enjoy lakeside views and new vibrant outdoor seating area. We also have added some great new facilities such as an outdoor Splash Park and adventure playground for kids. It is perfect for exploring the wealth of attractions in the vibrant and exciting county of Lincolnshire, if you want to get out and about, then you need look no further. But if you fancy just taking it easy why not take a leisurely walk or bike ride around this fabulous 325 acre park.Water Skiing & Wakeboarding Our 60-acre water skiing lake boasts tranquil panoramic views and is equipped with a homologated slalom and jump coarse, so of course it is an exceptional water skiing and wakeboarding environment for the expert and novice of all ages.Jet Skiiing We have a dedicated lake, which spans over 45 acres of clean water and encompasses a competition racecourse for you to test your skills. Plus a Spa which has great value spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Tattershall Lakes Country Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park Hotel Tattershall
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park Lincolnshire