“excellent food”

Isle Of Wight, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Visited the pub every night of our 4 day break in the area, eating on 3 nights. Monday night was grill night with 25% of grill menu so had an excellent steak. The menu was very varied so had fish next night and finished our hols with a pasta dish. Food was always excellent and very affordable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely to sit on their terrace on a lovely evening dining or just having a drink.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Superb Sunday dinner served by a very helpful courteous staff, for whom nothing was too much trouble

Visited August 2014
Hemingby, United Kingdom
“Brilliant staff ...nice food - a nice meal out .”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a lovely visit yesterday for an evening meal . The menu has a lovely selection and the décor is great!
Very child friendly - and the children's menu has a great choice including spaghetti bolognaise and steak which is great as our children don't eat chicken nuggets so its nice to be able to order off the children's menu and not the adults for them. Our waitress was so sweet and was very attentive - she popped over to check if all was ok during our meal (we did have a slight problem with our main BUT it was resolved very quickly and with no trouble ) We had the American sharing platter to start , the tortellini with stilton and spinach and the mixed grill - all were beautiful . our girls both chose the spag bol and finished it off! It great you can have free 'top up's' of chips and veg - we liked that!
Over all a great meal and we will be returning :)
thank you!

Lincoln
“Think before you eat here”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and myself decided to eat here on Thursday night, we arrived about 7.45pm. The place was busy but we have been here before and it's been busier. We have been before and had a nice meal, the menu is very large with I would say something for everyone. We decided to have starters aswell as our mains, well we waited and waited, other people kept coming in and it was steady, they had plenty of staff on so they weren't running all over the place. After about 50 minutes our starters arrived, me and my daughter had skins and my husband had spicy chicken, plenty of ham but the smallest amount of cheese, oh well we were so hungry we ate then, ok but I have had alot better. Other people that came in well after us were getting there mains so when our plates had been taken away I thought our meal would be straight out, wrong. We waited another 1/2 hour. Well I wish we had upped and left then and gone to the chippy which would have been better than what we got, I ordered the lamb chop, it came burnt, with gravy that was just coloured water, my husband had a mixed main meal, gammon ( which was all fat) pork and chicken, he said it was ok but when it says 4oz on the menu you do expect to get that. My daughters meal took another 5 minutes to arrive and she had pesto chicken, oh my god it was the dry, and well over cooked, I think they must have left our order in the oven for that extra 1/2 hour we waited. The chips had no colour and were unbeatable, the salad bowls were covered in sweet corn ( which I hate) so left that. At no time during the meal did we get asked if our meal was ok. When our plates were being cleared the waitress asked if everything was ok, I told her no and explained, she said oh wait there I'll get you some money of your bill, just like that so I think this must happen a lot, what a shame we all left very disappointed and will not be returning, yes it was ok to get 30% off the bill but we would have liked to have a nice meal and pay for what we ordered. Oh yes, please check your bill as we had the next tables sweets on ours!

1 Thank Diane G
“Amazing food and decor!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I visited here with family as a last minute thing on a Saturday evening, 7 of us in total. We were seated with out a problem although we was told the wait would be 1 hour which we accepted as it was a Saturday at peak time. The serving staff were pleasant and took out order for food and drinks. About 20 minutes later all of our food arrived to our pleasant surprise. I had the salmon which was the best I had ever tasted and everyone else loved there food. The free chips, potatoes and salad refills are a real bonus! Everyone ordered desert, I recommend the chocolate fudge cake it was amazing! The decor is really nice with one off art work pieces. Although we didn't sit outside the rattan furniture looks lovely perfect for drinks in the sun. Would recommend this place to friends and family and will be visiting again.