“Fabulous place - great for famillies”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 62 reviews

Reviews from our community

271juneh
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place - great for famillies”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed at Osprey Lodge May Bank Holiday week. The lodge was immaculate and had a real homely feel. Leslee the owner had thought of everything - even a bottle of Prosecco on arrival. There were four adults and two children in our party and we had plenty of room. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious and the garden area is massive! Both lake and golf course views were lovely and especially enjoyable, watching the sun go down over the lake. The added bonus was the planes from RAF Coningsby going over on a daily basis - although maybe not for those who are not keen on loud noises!

Our boys took their fishing rods and although they paid to fish on the fishing lakes on the park during the day, they did get a warning for dangling them off the jetty, late afternoon so just a word of caution. To be fair, those are the rules and are there to abide by - had we known, we wouldn't have allowed them to fish there in the first place. Maybe something which would have been made clear by guest services when we arrived!

All in all though, this is a great location - both the lodge and the park and we'd go back in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: May 2015
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
Matt D
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Memorable weekend with nothing but luxury”
Reviewed 3 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I recently stayed at Osprey Lodge with 9 friends (and dog) to celebrate my 26th birthday. The place was spotless when we arrived and Leslee had even bought (and chilled) me a birthday bottle of prosecco, and prepared the fire for us so all I had to do was put a match to it. The lodge is stunning: it snowed whilst we were there so felt just like a ski chalet. The upstairs is all open plan with big windows at either end so it's really light and spacious but still incredibly homely with the enormous sofas and wood burner. We all slept like kings and queens and it comfortably slept 10. The tub has a beautiful view of the lake and stays hot for ages. There was a comical pack of ducks and geese providing entertainment throughout. The lodge is well equipped with everything you need, even if catering for 10 hungry and thirsty people and the separate drinks fridge is a nice touch. The wifi handled 10 phones and a tablet so you could comfortably do work here if necessary. I can't recommend it more highly and it's great value for the level of luxury you get. I think an annual pilgrimage back to Osprey Lodge will be on the cards and I wish I could have stayed for longer.

Date of stay: January 2015
Liked best: The tub!
Liked least: I wouldn't change anything.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Laura B
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed 9 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Booked the lodge to give a send off to a friend. Had an amazing time. The lodge is perfect for friend/ families or mixed groups- a home away from home. The lodge is beautiful and there is everything you need to have fun and relax; excellent assortment of games, DVDs and the hot tub is divine. On arrival coffee and tea is waiting and a bottle of presseco- a very thoughtful touch.
will definitely be first choice for our next celebration.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location is beautiful
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
LisaJ1820
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
Reviewed 8 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

My friends booked this lodge for my leaving bash! What an amazing weekend! You can turn up with just you clothes and a swimming costume and be perfectly happy! Lots of games, DVDs and a TV! Everything has been thought of! The views are increadable from the front and the back of the lodge. It just like being at home only better! We got a complimentary bottle of presecco! There is plenty of seating for everyone! Beautiful balcony and it is all spotlessly clean! The pub that is a short walk away does lovely food at a reasonable price and has a lovely atmosphere!
All in all I can recommend this lodge enough, the owners have really thought about everything!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
395hannah...
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Exceptional!!”
Reviewed 7 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

After our wonderful stay this weekend I felt compelled to write my first ever Trip Advisor review about this beautiful lodge myself and my friends stayed in this weekend. Osprey Lodge is most definitely a 5* lodge with impeccable attention to detail that made our stay a comfortable and relaxed one. The lounge/kitchen area is open planned and it opens out to a balcony that overlooks the beautiful lake. We were also left a bottle of bubbly for us to enjoy by the owner which I thought was a lovely touch. I would most certainly recommend this outstanding lodge to others and look forward to coming to stay again!

Kate7204
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Amazing I would highly recommend”
Reviewed 11 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

This lodge is as far as I could see the best lodge on the park, for a hen weekend of 10 ladies it had everything we could wish for. A beautiful balcony overlooking the lake and a complimentary bottle of presseco left by the owner to enjoy. A lovely large living space perfect for everyone to sit around the table and enjoy a meal together. We all had great fun in the evening sitting outside and enjoying the hot tub (the disco lights raised a lot of excitement). Every member of my party loved osprey lodge and said they would all like to return! We had a rainy day so everyone got cosy and watched the movies provided, it's a very warm and cosy lodge I can't recommend highly enough I hope to return next year.

Date of stay: October 2014
Travelling group: Large Group
Deborah21...
“Stunning lodge in stunning location”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Our party of 9 (adults and teenagers) have just returned from a wonderful weeks break at Osprey Lodge.
This is by far the most spectacular accommodation we have ever stayed in. The typical UK weather was not as inviting but there's no nicer place to spend a day indoors enjoying the various board games, dvd's, wii games etc which are all provided by the owner. Not forgetting of course, the hot-tub which is welcoming in all weathers.
The site is great for water-sports, golf, fishing and lovely walks taking in the breathtaking scenery. If you're looking for a peaceful break in a quiet area this is the place to be!

The goodrich family, Bexleyheath, Kent.

Date of stay: August 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.