“A little bundle of happiness .. you won't want to leave”

Shore Cottage Studio Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Creative courses by the sea, multi-award winning studio in Wirral Merseyside. Spend one or two days with us and we'll give you time and space to make something unique. We offer photography, textile art and laser cutting courses.
Reviewed 13 September 2016

If you are reading this review, just go, you won't regret it. I promise. Stunning location, fabulous tuition and general gorgeousness in every direction you could possibly look. If you eventually get bored of looking at the panoramic sea views (trust me, you won't), you can feast your eyes on a huge amount of creative amazingness within the Studio itself. It will blow your socks off and you will learn a real skill in the process. The tuition was tailored to what I needed and I got an awful lot out of it. Thank you xx

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Hi Janey, wow what a lovely review!

We like to make sure our course participants are inspired by every aspect of their visit; our location, the studio itself, our welcome, our teaching, our food, and our creativity. We hope our environment lends itself to sparking ideas and supporting and nurturing new skills. Return visitors tell us they spot new things they'd missed first time round and our own artworks and displays are ever evolving.

Hope to welcome you back soon,

All reviews
"perfect setting"
"design ideas"
"on previous occasions"
in 2 reviews
"lunch and afternoon tea"

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I attended the 2 day laser cutting course which was run by Kris. The one on one tuition was excellent and Kris took an active interest in what we wanted to use the laser cutter for so that he could tailor the training. Materials were all provided a X we were able to take our creations home. We were able to focus on our areas of interest and learnt all about how the machines worked. Kris gave some excellent advice if we were to purchase our own machines.
Very friendly environment, excellent location with fabulous views and the lunches were lovely. I round highly recommend.

Carolyn thank you so much for your kind review, we keep the numbers deliberately small for the laser courses so we can tailor the content to our guests. (Some folk want to know the ins and outs of how the machine works, whilst others simply want to create beautiful personal objects and are not bothered about pipework and air vents!)

Kris is actually out today doing a 'house call' bespoke one day session for a previous laser course customer who has since bought a cutter and wanted one-to-one tuition to get him up and running in his own home.

Do keep in touch as we'd love to see the types of things you make at home if you do go for the plunge and buy your own.

All best wishes,

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Spent 2 days in this charming studio learning how to create a variety of projects, by cutting and etching using the Laser cutter. Kris, with patience and expertise advised and guided me through the process and I came away refreshed and enthused.
My husband was able to take a photography course at the same time
Such a lovely family running Shore Cottage Studio....it's a special space.

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you for your kind review Vicky,

It was great to put on a bespoke date for you both, being able to learn something new but entirely different to your other half whilst sharing lunches and tea breaks is a brilliant reason to spend some time with us at the studio.

As the pair of you had the place to yourself we especially loved welcoming Dandy, your super-well-behaved little dog, to the studio - we hope to create a homely learning environment for our courses and he slotted right in - even proving to be a stunning photographer's model when he joined us on the photo walk!

Hope to welcome you all back soon,

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I absolutely loved every minute of the morning just spent at Shore Cottage Studio. Laura and Sue were so welcoming and explained all the techniques involved in producing my scarf so well that I felt that I very quickly had got the hang of it and found it all completely absorbing. The coffee and delicious biscuits were an added bonus! I left with a great sense of achievement, as well as a scarf that I think is quite lovely for a non-creative physicist! I now can't wait to go back next week to do the glass fusion morning, and I would love to do a two day course now!

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

We do say that once you have set foot in the studio you'll want to come back! I'm sure the friends you are bringing next week for your bespoke glass course with lunch will have just as inspiring a time - we love to see how proud self-labelled 'non-creative' types are of their final pieces, everybody can make beautiful creations given the right environment and encouragement.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Laura

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I did the two day laser cutting course with Kris. I loved my two days in the studio environment and company. From the treck to the beach, the funky studio space and outlook to the well structured course and especially the first class customer care - the whole experience was a delight. We'll have to organise a 'crowd-funding' for the David wing. Thank you guys.

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear David,

Thank you for your kind words, especially about our customer care - we keep the numbers on each course deliberately small so we can devote our time and attention to our visitors as individuals. It makes it so much more rewarding for us to tailor each course to the wants and needs of the group, so every course is different depending on the visitors.

[ We love that you'd like to become a permanent resident, do keep us updated on the funding for the David wing :) ]

We hope to welcome you back to the studio soon,