“Photography Weekend”

Shore Cottage Studio Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Creative courses by the sea, multi-award winning studio in Wirral Merseyside. Spend one or two days with us and we'll give you time and space to make something unique. We offer photography, textile art and laser cutting courses.
Reviewed 21 March 2017

An excellent two day course explaining the basics of my camera in understandable language. Opportunity to practice and review photographs taken to embed some of the facts in my brain. Environment, hospitality and company extremely good. Thank you very much.

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your kind words, we try to make our photography courses as easy to follow as possible. Hope you are keeping up your photography little and often - the best way to let your new skills sink in and become second nature.

Do send us some of your images from your travels, and we hope to see you again soon,

All reviews
"beautiful location"
"fabulous days"
"thank you so much"
in 4 reviews
"lunch and afternoon tea"
"my birthday"
"great teacher"
"bread"
"homemade food"
"tea and coffee"
"learning how"
"soup"

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Fab 2 day course which has enabled me to understand my camera better and now confident in using it on manual settings. Lovely environment and great hospitality. Would thoroughly recommend. Thank you laura, Kris and sue.

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your kind words. The progress you made over the weekend was excellent and I hope you have fun using your new skills on your many travels - we'd love to see some of your shots when you return.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Just had a fabulous 2 days with Laura, Sue and Kris doing glass fusing. Felt welcomed as a guest rather than a customer. The venue was perfect, the tuition excellent and am really pleased with what I was able to create. Would highly recommend.

Hi Hosahone,

Thank you for your kind review, we aim to create a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for our creative courses so your feedback is greatly appreciated. You should be justifiably proud of your work over the two days - beautiful stuff!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

An absolutely fabulous and informative two days spent with Kris, Laura and Sue. I'd never used a laser cutter before and prior to this course, my only experience was of a few videos. A search online revealed Shore Cottage Studio and booking was easy and welcoming. Their website also helpfully advised a range of accommodation nearby. The directions were clear and the venue was easy to find. I enjoyed the short, pretty walk to the venue. The studio building and location is stunning.
I had Kris' expertise, patience, humour and extensive knowledge on a 1:1 basis throughout the duration. Sue and Laura helped with design ideas. I learned the basics of a whole new language, new equipment, new software and resources that I will need. I laser cut and etched a range of relevant (to me) materials including different laser ply and acrylic learning, admittedly with a lot of help, how to input the new product design onto the required software. We managed to produce the first design prototype I'm aiming for, and I did a few tests on etching different woods and cutting different materials. I even squeezed in a paper cut of our logo as a present for my business partner which they framed...she loves it!
The warmth and hospitality of the team was as good as you can get (the homemade food was delicious especially the soups and bread) with the added bonus of a great studio in a beautiful location. I came a way inspired, with a head buzzing with new information. All my requirements were thoroughly met. This was followed up with an email from Kris of all the suppliers and contacts he uses so I don't have to source them. I've organised my demo from a laser cutter manufacturer and feel comforted in the knowledge that I can contact Kris for post-course advice and information.
I can't recommend this well resourced studio enough, for whatever craft experience you may be interested in. I can't think of any improvements to the experience... I'll be back!

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Skyelott,

Thanks for your very kind and totally comprehensive review. It means a lot to us to hear feedback like this. We are a tiny family business and do everything ourselves; from the web design, cooking, booking software, to the course tuition itself, we couldn't be more delighted that you feel we've hit the mark.

We'd love to see you back again soon,