“Relaxing magical time”

Shore Cottage Studio Ltd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Creative courses by the sea, multi-award winning studio in Wirral Merseyside. Spend one or two days with us and we'll give you time and space to make something unique. We offer photography, textile art and laser cutting courses.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

What a lovely ralaxing time I had on a linocut course here.My daughter bought it as a birthday pressy for me and as I was a little nervous as I had never done anything like this before,I neednt of worried as Laura explained everthing and was very patient. It is a lovely fascinating place in a glorious setting. And of course I was very proud of my humble creation.Sue and Kris were also very helpful and interesting to talk to...I didnt want to leave. Well done all of you! Thanks again
Eunice

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thanks for the lovely review Eunice,

It was great to see your confidence grow over the session and you should be justifiably proud of your beautiful cards. We love having Mother-Daughter pairs in the studio, a bit of time and space to be creative together does us all the world of good!

We hope to welcome you both back again soon,

All reviews
"fabulous days"
"lovely homemade"
"thank you so much"
in 4 reviews
"lunch and afternoon tea"
"my birthday"
"great teacher"
"homemade food"
"learning how"
"home made"
"design ideas"
"feel very welcome"

Reviewed 29 June 2017

The location is stunning, in a lovely studio with amazing views of the beach and across the estuary. Prepare for sandy feet as you have to walk on the beach a bit to get to the entrance.

The course itself was brilliant, I turned up with a vague idea of what I wanted to learn about and Kris tailored the 2 days to whatever I wanted. It was lovely to have the freedom to adapt the schedule along with my ideas, as these migrated the more I learned about what the laser cutter could do.

I came away feeling much more confident about how to convert my hand-drawn designs into vectors for laser cutting. I also came home with some fun art to hang on the wall.

The price is really good for tailored tuition, lunch, morning and afternoon tea with amazing cake and biscuits, and an inspiring location.

I can't recommend this place enough.

Thank you for your glowing and comprehensive review Sophie,

We love keeping our courses small so we can tailor the experience to your needs, and it is great to hear that you feel we have achieved that. We have had many folk visit us from far afield and we are delighted that the journey from London was worthwhile.

We'd love to welcome you back in the future, perhaps we could tempt you with another creative course?

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Very special weekend at Shore Cottage - idyllic setting. Relaxed but very informative, with great post course support and resources. Laura a fabulous teacher and she and Chris delightful hosts. Can't recommend highly enough. Ewan

Dear Ewan,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we like to make sure that on the photography courses you can concentrate on learning through experience, rather than scribbling down notes. Supplying lifetime access to the teaching materials allows you to concentrate on listening and doing, and the bonus of being to access them when you are on your 'big holiday' if needs be!

Don't forget to share a few of your best shots when you return.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I took my Mum on a 2 hour linocut course as a birthday present, and of course it would have been rude to send her on her own so I went too ! Wow, what a wonderful, inspiring morning we had. Some art places have an aloof and snobby feel but Laura, Sue and Chris were so welcoming and warm, it felt like being welcomed into an old friend's (stunning) home, the biscuits were delicious too !
Laura is a patient, positive and encouraging teacher and we both came away feeling inspired and very pleased with our prints. I'm definitely going to be investing in some materials to carry on at home. Spending time at Shore cottage is the perfect antidote to stress, I can't wait to return for another course, and as its MY birthday at the end of the month hopefully that won't be too long away !

Laura H, Owner at Shore Cottage Studio Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Shally,

Thank you for your very kind words, we try to make our studio as homely and welcoming as we can, it helps to bring out the best in folk. Your prints were stunning - not bad for a pair who had never tried the technique before!

We look forward to welcoming you both back soon.