“Wonderful Introduction to UK” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ross House Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Ross House Guest House
Ranked #4 of 8 Uxbridge B&B and Inns
Knoxville
“Wonderful Introduction to UK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stopped in the UK for 4 days of holiday and had a wonderful stay with Kath and Tony at Ross House. You will find the accomodations spotless, very comfortable, quiet and you will not find more hospitable hosts anywhere. Tony can provide wonderful directions to about anywhere you are likely to want to go, and besides that, they are just wonderful to talk with. If you are going into London, take the Metropolitan Underground line as it is much quicker than the Picadilly line! We made a day trip to Oxford at Tony's recommendation and enjoyed it thoroughly! It is a pleasant and beautiful hour's ride on the Oxford Tube or X90 bus. There is much to see there and we happened upon the Pitt Rivers museum, and would classify that as "don't miss".
The breakfast at Ross House is simple, wholesome and a good way to start a day and keep you going. I would highly recommend Ross House as a wonderful place to stay and am confident that if yo do you will enjoy a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Bedrooms in the owner's home are cozy. The house is on a quiet street with a 15 minute walk to...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leslie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at Ross house for a weekend break to see a concert at the O2. It is very convenient for the tube, we were in Central London in under 30 mins and it was less than an hour back from the O2 late at night.
Ross house was warm and comfortable with all the amenities that you'll need. Tony, the owner is very friendly, a real character.
If, like me, you'd rather stay at a family run, friendly establishment rather than a souless central London hotel then Ross house is for you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sjh107c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had a great 5 nights stay in Ross House! Tony picked me up from the underground station and drove me to Uxbridge to show me my bus stop to Pinewood Studios. The microwave in the room was great as I could eat in my room after a long day of work. The room was clean and quiet and I slept great. I would not hesitate to recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Whoop8
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at Ross House five nights a week for four weeks while in the area on business, and wouldn't hesitate to return. I received a very warm welcome; Tony picked me up from the station every week, and made sure that I knew where the bus stop was for my first day at work. I stayed in the single bedroom, which had everything I needed, including kettle, toaster, tv, free wifi, microwave, and mini-fridge. I had a private bathroom just across the landing, which was kept spotless, and had plenty of fresh towels. The breakfast is laid out on the upstairs landing for you to take to your room, and consists of a good choice of cereals, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, bread, jam and porridge. The B&B is situated at the end of a very long close, which was very quiet; I always had a great nights sleep! The bus stop to Uxbridge is just at the end of the road, and it's less than 10 minutes walk to Hillingdon tube station which is on both the Piccadilly and Metropolitan lines. All in all this is great value for money, and I'd happily stay here again if I'm working in the area. Thanks Tony and Kath!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rachel P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed three nights at Ross House in Hillington it was memorable. It was located close to the station, the bus and shops were a 5 mins walk. I took a bit longer because of the snow! It was located in a beautiful neighbourhood and the scenery was remarkable.Uxbridge town is just a 10mins bus away and there were new shopping malls and several cafes. The room had all I needed from facilities and the TV had a satellite and there was free wifi too. It is great value for money and if I need to be close to this area future, I will stay there again. Thank you Tony and Kath, you made my stay very homely and welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Arabiantravel
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was our first time staying at a B&B and we had a most delightful experience. The room was impeccably clean with all the amenities you would need (fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, etc..). The backyard was stunning in design and was made available for us to enjoy. So nice to wake up in the morning to the sound of chirping birds!!
Location is a 5 minute walk to an underground station, 5 minute travel time to Uxbridge, and 50 minutes travel time to the center of London. Convenience stores, pubs, and shopping all located nearby.
Most importantly our hosts Tony & Kath were very welcoming, knowledgeable, and provided hospitality beyond reproach.

Room Tip: Room on the back side of the house had a view of the garden.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura S
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was my second stay as Ross House. Again I was made to feel very welcome. My room was impeccably clean like my first stay. I had the added luxury of having all virgin channels in the room was as well as Freeview. I would always re use this B and B when in the area for work.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
The Red Lion Hotel
The Barn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ruislip
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
Ramada London South Ruislip

Been to Ross House Guest House? Share your experiences!