“Ross House brilliant place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Ross House Guest House
Ranked #4 of 8 Uxbridge B&B and Inns
West Timperley, United Kingdom
“Ross House brilliant place”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Could not fault a thing. Delightful place to stay. A home from home. Tony and Kath are lovely people and so helpful. I would definitely stay there again. The area is really nice, and you don't feel like you are so close to a large city. I diddn't need public transport but if I had, the tube station is very close and I saw a lot of buses. It has all the amenities you could want: fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, TV with all the channels. Toiletries provided, and everything you need for a breakfast, plus snacks and fresh fruit. excellent broadband too. Plus the decor, furnishings and bedding are in very good taste, and pleasing to the eye. I have stayed a few times and in 3 different rooms and they were all great, and had everything you required. Tony also went out of his way to find me other places to stay when they did not have a booking available. He introduced me to places that he knew were a good standard, and even made the bookings for me. Not to mention him carrying my case upstairs and then back down.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank elainesavage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have stayed with Kath and Tony 4 days a week for more than a year while working in central London. With easy access to public transport, it's just a 10 minute walk to the station, I could be door-to-door to my office in Waterloo in about an hour. Rooms are always spotless and provision of fridge, microwave, broadband and Virgin TV in every room make it so much easier to achieve a degree of normality when away from home. Always welcoming and willing to help out Kath and Tony make Ross House remains my first choice of room if staying in London.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter O
Northwich, Cheshire
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Hi Tony/Kath.....As promised I want to put on record our appreciation for a wonderful stay at your guest house. You have a lovely property, ideally located being just a 10 minute walk from Hillingdon station which gives access to the whole of London via the underground system. We were met by you and Kath on the Thursday afternoon and given a short and friendly introduction where we immediately warmed to both of you. The rooms allocated to us were extremely clean, beautifully furnished and came with everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The selection of breakfast items available was extensive allowing most tastes to be catered for. You indeed have a property to be proud of. A nice touch was the off-road parking coupled with free and quick internet connection. I sincerely hope that in the not-too-distant future we will avail ourselves of your hospitality once again and hope that is reccommendation enough for potential future guests.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Timberdxck
Knoxville
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stopped in the UK for 4 days of holiday and had a wonderful stay with Kath and Tony at Ross House. You will find the accomodations spotless, very comfortable, quiet and you will not find more hospitable hosts anywhere. Tony can provide wonderful directions to about anywhere you are likely to want to go, and besides that, they are just wonderful to talk with. If you are going into London, take the Metropolitan Underground line as it is much quicker than the Picadilly line! We made a day trip to Oxford at Tony's recommendation and enjoyed it thoroughly! It is a pleasant and beautiful hour's ride on the Oxford Tube or X90 bus. There is much to see there and we happened upon the Pitt Rivers museum, and would classify that as "don't miss".
The breakfast at Ross House is simple, wholesome and a good way to start a day and keep you going. I would highly recommend Ross House as a wonderful place to stay and am confident that if yo do you will enjoy a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Bedrooms in the owner's home are cozy. The house is on a quiet street with a 15 minute walk to...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leslie H
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at Ross house for a weekend break to see a concert at the O2. It is very convenient for the tube, we were in Central London in under 30 mins and it was less than an hour back from the O2 late at night.
Ross house was warm and comfortable with all the amenities that you'll need. Tony, the owner is very friendly, a real character.
If, like me, you'd rather stay at a family run, friendly establishment rather than a souless central London hotel then Ross house is for you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sjh107c
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had a great 5 nights stay in Ross House! Tony picked me up from the underground station and drove me to Uxbridge to show me my bus stop to Pinewood Studios. The microwave in the room was great as I could eat in my room after a long day of work. The room was clean and quiet and I slept great. I would not hesitate to recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Whoop8
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at Ross House five nights a week for four weeks while in the area on business, and wouldn't hesitate to return. I received a very warm welcome; Tony picked me up from the station every week, and made sure that I knew where the bus stop was for my first day at work. I stayed in the single bedroom, which had everything I needed, including kettle, toaster, tv, free wifi, microwave, and mini-fridge. I had a private bathroom just across the landing, which was kept spotless, and had plenty of fresh towels. The breakfast is laid out on the upstairs landing for you to take to your room, and consists of a good choice of cereals, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, bread, jam and porridge. The B&B is situated at the end of a very long close, which was very quiet; I always had a great nights sleep! The bus stop to Uxbridge is just at the end of the road, and it's less than 10 minutes walk to Hillingdon tube station which is on both the Piccadilly and Metropolitan lines. All in all this is great value for money, and I'd happily stay here again if I'm working in the area. Thanks Tony and Kath!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rachel P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
The Red Lion Hotel
Lancaster Hotel and Spa
Lancaster Hotel and Spa
#4 of 5 in Uxbridge
Ramada London South Ruislip

Been to Ross House Guest House? Share your experiences!