“Great B&B”
Review of Alnwick Lodge

Alnwick Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Alnwick Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Uxbridge B&B and Inns
UK
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed for two nights while visiting family at Hillingdon hospital which is a short walk away. For a trip into London a short car ride to a Tube station was easy and convenient.
We had a friendly welcome and a clean and comfortable room with direct access so no worries about disturbing the hosts who bring breakfast to the room in the morning.
We will return again if we need accommodation in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alnwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I recently had to stay in the Uxbridge area found Alnwick Lodge through a friend i had a delicious English breakfast everyday both sky and Wi Fi were in the room I have no hesitation in recommending Alnwick lodge

Room Tip: The annex room is very nice has it's own front door very handy if you are arriving back late in...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The lodge is on a fairly busy road leading to Hillingdon Hospital but the road noise wasn't too noticeable. We stayed in an upstairs twin room for 1 night when visiting our daughter - there are low beams so be careful if you are fairly tall!
The room was welcoming and nicely decorated, with the bathroom having been done recently.
It was great to have a bath for a change - most B + B's/hotels only have showers these days but we always take bath foam just in case! The rain shower was lovely as well.
The beds were comfortable and the room warm. One small point was that the venetian blinds didn't block out much light in the morning.
Having our full English breakfast in the room was good and it was very nice with plenty of bread, jam/marmalade cereal, etc., and there was a fridge containing milk & apple juice.
Nice to have the sky sports including Formula 1.
1 other minor thing: careful finding the lodge using the postcode & satnav - for some reason the satnav sent us into a side road nearby which caused us a small delay and some confusion!!
Highly recommended B+B. Thanks Marlene, hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed for one night at the Alnwick Lodgeas I had an interview the next day. It was great. Welcoming hosts, lovely clean, spacious room with fridge, microwave and tea and coffee facilities. Recently redecorated bathroom and large bath/shower. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Alnwick Lodge really is an excellent location with easy access to the hospital and in to Uxbridge town centre. The bus stop is directly outside the Lodge which is very handy for those commuting to / from Uxbridge (about 5-7 mins on the bus). The hosts were great and really looked after me, right down to the nice touch of complimentary milk and orange juice in the fridge upon my arrival. I stayed for the week and would definitely stay there again. An extra special thank you to Marlene and Tony!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
swansea
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently whilst a member of our family was in hospital. Marlene and Tony couldn't do enough to help and welcomed us warmly. Marlene provided us with the best home cooked breakfast we've had in a B&B. The room is beautifully clean and homely. I stayed alone during the third week and Marlene was very supportive and caring, she knew I was worried about our famiy and even offered to do my washing for me during a very stressful, worrying time. One morning as I was about to leave early to get to the hospital, she came out and gave me sandwiches she had made for me to take for my lunch. I can't thank her enough for her hospitality and support. Both Marlene and Tony are professional as well as being the most fabulous caring hosts. I would highly recommend their establishment to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Alnwick lodge when I first returned home to London after living in the California for 30 years! It was awesome! The rooms are sweetly decorated and very comfortable. There are few options to choose from, depending on your needs. They have en suites and double rooms. Each room has snacks and cereals, microwave, kettle and satellite tv. They also provide a delicious traditional English breakfast.

I especially appreciated the convenient transportation. There are 3 buses that took us a short trip into Uxbridge to pick up the Picadilly or Metropolitan line or the the First Great Western which travels to Paddington or connects to the Central and District Lines. So convenient! The bus stops are just down the street.

I would highly recommend Alnwich, especially to those travelling from the States. Great hospitality!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
The Red Lion Hotel
#5 of 12 in West Drayton
Pinewood Hotel
Pinewood Hotel
#13 of 21 in Slough

Been to Alnwick Lodge? Share your experiences!