Alnwick Lodge
US$139
Hotels.com
Lyttleton Lodge(Uxbridge)
US$85
Premier Inn London Uxbridge Hotel(Uxbridge)(Great Value!)
US$89
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Uxbridge Central(Uxbridge)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel(Ruislip)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Restaurant
US$105
US$89
Agoda.com
Novotel London Heathrow(West Drayton)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$80
  • Pool
All reviewssky tvbus stopb bcooked breakfastbrunel universitya short cab ridesmall fridgestayed hereoff road parkingrooms are cleangreat place to staytube stationtwin roomvisiting familytea and coffeemarlenekettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I got off to a bad start in Alnwick Lodge, I arrived by taxi and as there is no clear signage I found it very difficult to find this B&B. After a bit of a struggle and a couple of phone calls I eventually found the place. I was also staying in the annex off the main house which was of good quality overall: Large double bed, ensuite bathroom with shower with good water pressure and plenty of hot water, little extras in the bathroom like shampoo and razors. The wifi was fast and as mentioned there was a fridge stocked with milk and orange juice and a kettle with a supply of tea, coffee and a selection of cereals in little single serving boxes. What was missing was the human factor: I never met the host- I was shown to my room on the first night and then never actually met any staff from the b&b again. I wasn't offered breakfast except for what was in my room and when I arrived back in the evening there was a little note on my table asking me to leave the money (45 pounds per night) on the table before I left. I would recommend Alnwick as stopover lodgings on your way to the airport only- if you're staying for any length of time or are looking for that homely feeling in a B&B it may be better to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Marlene A, Owner at Alnwick Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

We are sorry that our guest found our B&B lacked the homely feel but unfortunately we had to be absent f during her two day stay. Our guest was informed that would be the case prior to her arrival..

Due to the guests late arrival we had to change the arrangements to welcome her to the B&B at the last minute, and there was a misunderstanding regarding breakfast .

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Spent a lot of time trying to find a place nice to stay in and around Feltham , no joy so looked around and found Alnwick Lodge, granted it was a little further out than we had first wanted , We stayed in the annex off the main building , the room was fine for a short stay , nice double bed, serviceable bathroom with shower no bath , The room also had a small fridge and a microwave ,.In fairness it wouldn't have been suitable for longer than one or two nights as there was very storage, . We didn't get to meet the host hence only the four stars and we also didn't get to have the Full English breakfast, a good breakfast is always worth one more star.

The local area was lovely , very pleasant surroundings and the connections to the motorways meant it was ideal for what we intended. Uxbridge town centre was a real surprise , well worth a shopping trip.

Room Tip: if you are planning a longer stay , a room in the house probably would be a better choice or suggestion to the host.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed for two nights while visiting family at Hillingdon hospital which is a short walk away. For a trip into London a short car ride to a Tube station was easy and convenient.
We had a friendly welcome and a clean and comfortable room with direct access so no worries about disturbing the hosts who bring breakfast to the room in the morning.
We will return again if we need accommodation in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I recently had to stay in the Uxbridge area found Alnwick Lodge through a friend i had a delicious English breakfast everyday both sky and Wi Fi were in the room I have no hesitation in recommending Alnwick lodge

Room Tip: The annex room is very nice has it's own front door very handy if you are arriving back late in the evening
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The lodge is on a fairly busy road leading to Hillingdon Hospital but the road noise wasn't too noticeable. We stayed in an upstairs twin room for 1 night when visiting our daughter - there are low beams so be careful if you are fairly tall!
The room was welcoming and nicely decorated, with the bathroom having been done recently.
It was great to have a bath for a change - most B + B's/hotels only have showers these days but we always take bath foam just in case! The rain shower was lovely as well.
The beds were comfortable and the room warm. One small point was that the venetian blinds didn't block out much light in the morning.
Having our full English breakfast in the room was good and it was very nice with plenty of bread, jam/marmalade cereal, etc., and there was a fridge containing milk & apple juice.
Nice to have the sky sports including Formula 1.
1 other minor thing: careful finding the lodge using the postcode & satnav - for some reason the satnav sent us into a side road nearby which caused us a small delay and some confusion!!
Highly recommended B+B. Thanks Marlene, hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple