“Very good Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alnwick Lodge

Alnwick Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Alnwick Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Uxbridge B&B and Inns
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“Very good Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice room for a couple. We stayed 1 week during Easter in the large ensuite room. Very comfortable and clean with good services. Also, seperate entrace to room allowed us to be independent. Very nice garden, too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for the FA Cup Semi Final and Final in 2013 and we'll be going back for the Semi in 2014 (and hopefully the Final!)

It's perfectly situated i.e. Far enough out of London to be reasonably priced and close enough to travel to Wembley by Tube.

The rooms are part of the owners own house and also an annexe that I guess was once a garage. We stayed in the downstairs double and the upstairs twin. Both are comfortable but the bathroom upstairs is new and much more attractive. Breakfast is brought to you on a tray (we had the full English) and you get toast and cereal too. Coffee and tea are in the room and so you can have as much as you like.

There is a TV with some satellite channels (handy for watching the Cup Final winning goal going in over and over again on the Sunday morning!) and both of the beds were comfortable.

It's probably a little too far to walk for a meal at night but there is a bus stop right outside the front gate. A 15 minute ride takes you into Uxbridge where there are a few decent places to eat.

It's not posh, it's not pretentious - it's just a reasonably priced and good quality B&B run by friendly people. What else does a B&B need to be?

Recommended.

Room Tip: The twin room upstairs has a much better bathroom but any room will be fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at Alnwick Lodge while on business. The en-suite room I stayed in was very comfortable with everything required supplied. There is a fridge and microwave so that you can store and heat up your own food if you don’t want to go out to eat every evening. The excellent breakfast is served in the room and you can pre-order what you wish the day before. The owner, Marlene, is very friendly and helpful. All in all I was very satisfied and will happily return if I'm working in the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We spent four comfortable nights at Alnwick Logde while meeting my daughter in Uxbridge. Alnwick Lodge and Marlene offered in a very pleasent way all we needed: nice room in a beautiful english style house, good breakfast and good advise in our questions. If you are going to meet your children studying at Brunel university we warmly recommend you to stay in Alnwick Lodge!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terttu K
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I just spent two relaxing nights at Alnwick Lodge during a business trip, and I'll definitely be back any time I need to stay near Heathrow. The owners -- Tony and Marlene -- greeted and hosted me like an old family friend, though this was my first stay with them. They immediately and graciously forgave me for ringing their doorbell well after 10pm; my flight had been delayed. How different from the cold anonymity of a big hotel's reception desk! My room was quiet, spacious and well-furnished; it was easy to get an excellent night's sleep. The bus stop is just across the street. I had a 9.05 am flight to the USA and was able to take the bus (number U3) just after 5 am for 2 Pounds 40 Pence right to Heathrow Central. I had paid 40 Pounds to take a taxi from Heathrow to the Lodge upon arrival -- a mistake I won't make again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PicaPauAdmirer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Just come back from and family gathering in Uxbridge and stayed at the alnwick lodge found the place with ease and is in easy access to the m4 and m25 and with a bus stop outside u could even leave your car and let someone else do the driving for you we stayed in the anex which had a very comfortable double bed with flat screen tv and sky with all sports channels, also has a microwave fridge with milk and orange juice full stocked tea n coffee caddies also cereals which brings me to the breakfast that is delivered to the room at the time that suites you what can I say lovely and very filling and what with the 11 o'clock check out timeyou can not go wrong will definatly stay there again definate 5 stars all round

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank iantut
Linz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Fridge and kettle in the room. Breakfast was great - made to order. Marlene ensured I was comfortable during my visit - turning the heat on and drying my towels on damp days. She was also helpful before and during my visit with public transport information. My room was nice - though it might be a bit tight for 2 with lots of luggage. My room had a door directly on the a courtyard - so I didn't bother anyone when coming and going. Even closer to Brunel than expected. Easy to get to from London and from Heathrow.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jean H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
The Red Lion Hotel
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Waterside Bed and Breakfast

Been to Alnwick Lodge? Share your experiences!