“Comfortable, cosy room and a brilliant fried beakfast”
Review of The Red Lion Hotel

The Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Uxbridge
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My bedroom had everything I needed: comfortable bed and crisp linens, a clean bathroom, decent toiletries, plenty of hanging space, a small in-room safe and a fridge. It was pleasingly dark once the lights were out, and blissfully quiet.

Pity the shower is of the over-bath type rather than a cubicle - that would annoy me for a long stay but was OK for one night.

The breakfast was an absolute delight. I cannot comment on the continental selection but the full English breakfast was the best I've had in a long time.

Plenty of off-road parking, good pub grub at lunchtime and evenings, lovely ambience and a reasonable price for something so convenient to the motorway/airport. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Redmond W, General Manager at The Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us when you were visiting family in the area. Thank you for taking the time to post your reveiw on trip advisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Red Lion soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Just got back from an overnight stay at the red lion hotel costing £85 per night (extra £10 each for breakfast total £105) Didn't know what to expect as I had read mixed reviews on the hotel via website and trip advisor. I originally chose this hotel as it was close to family we were visiting. I was not disappointed lovely warm welcome on arrival. Room was lovely, warm, cosy with a comfortable bed, good facilities including hair dryer, trouser press, iron, television, safety deposit box, mini bar, toiletries, kettle and tea/coffee etc. Bathroom was clean with good facilities bath and shower. A good nights sleep although was woken once by someone taking a rather long time to park a rather noisy van quite late, there is a slight humming from either heating or air con through the night but nothing that couldn't be ignored. Free wi-Fi at hotel and bar which is always a bonus. Bar prices a little steep as 2 spirits and mixers cost around £8 ( but I'm not from London so this may be a average prices) Didn't eat an evening meal at hotel but menu looked good. Did however opt to include breakfast in with our room rate, well worth the extra £10 each :) breakfast was fantastic choice of buffet including cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruits, meats, cheeses, pastries and various juices. Toast brought to table and tea or coffee offered. Followed by a very good selection of cooked breakfasts including full English, pancakes with bacon, syrup and banana, kippers, bacon rolls plus other options, my husband settled for English while I opted for pancakes with syrup, bacon and banana, it was absolutely gorgeous and filled us for the day ( would definitely opt to include in room price as ordering from menu worked out a lot more eg full English £12.95, buffet breakfast £9.95. Staff really attentive to our needs at breakfast . I will definitely book here again when visiting family in the area :)

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us when you were visiting family in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Red Lion again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Nothing exceed my expectation here. Room was comfortable enough. Bathroom was good enough and that's it. Staff were really pleasant and helpful. Restaurant was excellent for all meals, specially dinner. Wifi was free and very good. Air con was a real let down, horrible noisy at times, woke me all night till shut down.

Overall not disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back following your stay with us. It would be helpful if you could give me a call on 01895 236860 to let me know the room you stayed in, so that I can get our engineer to look at the noise from the air conditioning plant.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was persuaded to go to The Red Lion for Sunday lunch last week by my wife and son, it meant missing the rugby so I was a bit reluctant! However, the beer was good, the wine was good quality and reasonable price and the food was excellent. My wife thought the roast was superb and my son and I had different types of pie - both of us thoroughly enjoying them too.
Will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback after your visit here for Sunday Lunch, I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your meal, even though you missed the rugby!

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week on business. While checking in I found the receptionist quite rude to be honest. She had an issue finding company credit card for the booking on her system and wasn't exactly the most pleasant about it. Apart from that the hotel was very nice. Bar staff were very nice. Had fish and chips in the bar and it was lovely. Breakfast the next morning was highly recommended. The room was big and clean and the whole place had a nice atmosphere. Pity about the receptionist.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your feed back following your stay with us, I am sorry there was confusion with your initial check in regarding the billing instructions and that you did not receive the warm welcome normally associated with The Red Lion.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dinner and breakfast in the morning.

On your next visit to the hotel, please ask for me personally so that I may have the opportunity to meet you in person.

RedmondW

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very warm room, air condition not very effective as well as noisy, shower head would need repair. Good enough for overnight stay. Parking quite limited due to some workers vans. Dinner average, personal very nice. Some renovation is

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at the Red Lion Hillingdon 18/20th August. A lovely hotel and restaurant. Quaint, cosy and very friendly atmosphere. Breakfasts cooked to perfection .One of the reviews commented re coffee at breakfast - only one cup!!! Just ask for another and you will receive. No problems. Food in bar was also well presented and very edible. Service excellent. Everyone of the staff were very helpful friendly and courteous.Would not hesitate to return.
The dates we stayed were valid for 20% off which was an added bonus
The location for us was excellent as we were visiting relative in Ruislip

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan85Lancashire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel
Novotel London Heathrow
Novotel London Heathrow
#6 of 12 in West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

Been to The Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!