“WORST HOTEL IN MODERN LONDON”
Review of Lyttleton Lodge

Lyttleton Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Uxbridge
London, United Kingdom
“WORST HOTEL IN MODERN LONDON”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The rooms are hardly cleaned. There is no Fridge or Microwave in the rooms. Lodgers are not allowed to use the Microwave in the Kitchen. This can hardly be described as a hotel. The workers are rude and uncivilised. Even violent and aggressive. From the look of things it seem to be a one man business. The owner, who ever he is , can hardly be described as civilised. It was shocking!!!

The room I stayed was supposed to cost £40. You are supposed to book online. Even after you have booked, the staff can chalk you out at any time on the crude excuse that some-one has booked for the same room. Guests are not allowed. The major drama during my stay here is when one of the staff, who can hardly speak proper English, attempted to physically and aggressively assault my guest with the words "what are you doing here?" and attempted to take a picture. With out knowing it, she would have committed a criminal offence by taking unauthorised, some one else's picture. The same staff raggressively threatened me "you made me lose my job, you will lose yours" Just shocked that this kind of thing exist in modern london.
Yet there is no Complaint Mechanism. The pathetic thing is that you are insulted for paying them your money!!! That calls into question the regulation of these so-called hotels. What I saw is very serious and I believe he authorities should quickly come in and regulate these so- called hotels. I thought of making a complaint to the Police but later decided otherwise. This so- called hotel is a nightmare. Beware!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank ken A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 23 October 2012

It is appalling !! The electrics are unsafe, the accommodation is infested with creatures and is unbelievably disgusting and after agreeing to a full refund the manager is now refusing to take calls, ignoring emails and we have now resorted to taking action via the local authority, consumers direct, and via our solicitor we are still trying to claim back our refund.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE PLEASE CONTACT THE HILLINGDON BOROUGH CIVIC CENTRE AND COMSUMERS DIRECT SO WE CAN STOP OTHERS GOING THROUGH THIS TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND HOPEFULLY GET THE OUTCOME THAT IS SO BADLY NEEDED - CLOSING THEM DOWN!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank ksteele78

Travellers are raving about these Uxbridge hotels

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Microwaved halal breakfast that was terrible!
Owner who couldnt speak english and who looked like he couldnt be bothered!
Bed falling apart, matress i wouldnt let my dog sleep on!
Very noisy!

Just dont bother - for your own sake!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank G W
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Made the mistake of booking online for 5 night stay and they refused the refund after the first night when I tried to cancel.The lady said I had to ring the website but nobody there. I didnot get a room in the house instead I got a room in the converted garage next door . The hallway smelt of onions and the room of cheap parfume when I managed to get around the hideous eyesore of the room decor 1980's. The bed was noisy and very uncomfortable. I could hear everything from the two rooms either side of me as the walls were made of of paper. On one side the coughing from somebody all night and the other going to the loo opening with that silly sliding door for the ensuite. The view was a crappy wall of concrete from the rest of the garage.Location was bad as u are 20minutes walk from uxbridge town centre.

Room Tip: avoid rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Paul M
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Paid in advance on the website or we wouldn't have got past the front door, where we were asked to sign a declaration that we didn't live there! The bedroom was clean but poorly furnished. 'En-suite shower' was a shower cubicle in the corner of the room, no privacy. 'Shared toilet' was in a communal bathroom, so we had to wait for another resident to have a bath before we could use the toilet and leave in the morning. Quiet on the night we stayed but poor value - there are better options in the area for £50 a night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz6yhn
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I arrived to this place after booking it over the phone with the manager. I had trouble using the website and so had to make a phone booking and I had asked for e mail confirmation. I was told the price was £35 per night and I needed the room for 2 nights. I was told I would get an e mail confirmation and I never did so I rang again and again was told I would get one and not to worry, the man seemed nice and so I went with it. I was coming from Ireland to do final exams at Brunel University where I'm studying as post grad student. This was stressful enough without the hassle of what I discovered when I got to Lyttleton Lodge...
Firstly I was told the room was gone but they had another for £60 a night, I had £70 for two nights accommodation and not much more after that. This was very daunting as I found myself without somewhere to stay. I explained my case to the lady and we got in touch with the manager who turned out to be a complete bully. In the end after abuse and trying to tell me we had agreed something different I had to leave. I was very upset and anxious about where I was going to stay now. I had to ring my parents back in Ireland and they ended up having to book me into the travel lodge in Uxbridge. I just thought this was very scary position to be put in and afterwards I was glad I ended up staying in the travel lodge as I had not read the other reviews posted here, I was quite glad to get out of the place, it was very uncomfortable looking, there was a musty smell and the staff ie management were so unprofessional and intimidating I was glad not to stay there, I would never recommend this place to anyone, it's a very frightening position to be left in when away from home and possibly have no where to stay...

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Emer O
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Wish that I had read the reviews for this place before I booked. The website looked lovely and promised to deliver spacious rooms with tasteful decor. Fawlty Towers has nothing on this place. We were greeted at the door, (the side of which held a months rubbish stacked against it) by a man who didn't seem to be expecting us, and who barely spoke any English.
We were shown to our rooms, and that was the last time we saw any hotel staff! The room was very pink! with lots of rugs attempting to cover up mulitple stains on the carpets. The taps in the bathroom rattled when turned on and there was no plug, something metal fell out from underneath the sink. During the night we were kept awake by the bleeping of the alarm, there was a sign in the bedroom stating four numbers to call in case of fire or emergency, I called two, the numbers were not recognised and the third didn't seem to know the Hotel at all. Fourth time lucky, and I'm told that we can be relocated to a new room the following day, problem was we were going home the next day!. This is definitely one to miss.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Linda G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uxbridge
The Red Lion Hotel
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#21 of 23 in Hounslow
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel

Been to Lyttleton Lodge? Share your experiences!