“Paper thin walls”

Madonna Halley's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edgware
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here as it was close to a wedding venue. I thought that after it's appearance on TV's the hotel inspector, they would have learnt a few things. The staff are friendly enough but the hotel itself is awful. The walls are covered in coffee stains, water marks etc. There is a random assortment of old and new furniture. The key gets jammed in the door each time we try to lock the room. The walls are so thin that we were woken up by the other guests and their bratty screaming children at 7am. There was a musty smell to the room upon entry, the bath was of a poor standard and the loft style windows are filthy with broken blinds. We had to ask about breakfast rather than been given a menu or details. But after the rough night's sleep we opted to eat on our way home. Avoid this hotel unless you simply need a place to crash. And even then expect little sleep and a creaky mattress.

• Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank victormeldrewreborn

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for location. The down side if there is one is simply due to being on a busy road. Minutes away from the tube so ideal. Room was fine just needed a tiny bit of tlc. You pay extra for breakfast but the full english will set you up for the day. Superb and you can visit the quirky back garden. Not a multi hotel set up so you are greeted as a friend. A good find once the traffic settles down. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Worth visiting if you dont mind a bit of the unusual.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

my husband and i needed a place in edgware and found this perfect, quaint hotel. location is excellent, in center of everything and still quiet. room was perfect. spacious, airy, clean. tea and coffee set up in the room. breakfast /restaurant very cozy w/ continental buffet. staff and management couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. after a few days, we felt like "part of the family". a most enjoyable stay and experience for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne K
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here my first night in London. After the car that was supposed to pick me up at the airport failed to arrive the hotel staff helped me arrange a new cab with a locate company. (Way cheaper than taking a black cab.) The staff was extremely helpful and nice. The next morning they made me a coffee and showed me all of the best places to visit during my stay. A cosy hotel with a good location I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A list of what this misnamed 'hotel' had to offer:-
Windows that didn't close hence road noise all night
Grubby walls
Filthy bath with no plug and one tap missing
Shower that didn't work( not that I would have stepped into the bath anyway)
No plug in the sink with taps that allowed a trickle of water from both hot and cold
Doors that banged all night
Heating on all night

Do NOT go to this 'hotel', it was the single worst accomodation I have ever been to.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
13  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I´ve been with my family and my father´s in law for the new years eve. The Hotel is well located for buses and train, but far from the center. The lobby, restaurant and bar are all very nice. The room we´ve got was horrible. The toilet door could not be locked, the heaters was not working for 2 days of 5 we´ve been there - in the wintertime!! Since the first day we asked for the correct number of towels for shower and we never got. The wi-fi also never worked in the room and barely worked in the lobby. The attendees sometimes were nice, sometimes rispy. I don´t recommend this place as we had a bad experience that could be avoided if they wanted to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Arthur N
Reviewed 24 September 2013

In bathroom no hot water, no toilet rolls, dangerously loose tiles at head height. In bedroom bare bulb in ceiling, dust everywhere, handles off drawers, filthy black extension leads. Outside in corridor, the fire door wouldn't shut properly since off one of it's hinges. We checked out 40 minutes after we had checked in.

Room Tip: Our room looked over a garage and flashing neon lights. We didn't stay long enough to sleep
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Elizabeth S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgware
Premier Inn London Edgware Hotel
Ramada London North M1
Ramada London North M1
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Edgware Bed and Breakfast
Apple House Guesthouse Wembley

Been to Madonna Halley's Hotel? Share your experiences!