“Fantastic Home Cooked Food”
Review of Omi's Restaurant

Omi's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Southall
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A couple of months ago we ate at Omi's,. The food was really fantastic, like home cooked food, the service from the staff was very polite. When we wanted to book catering for our son's enagagement party we went back to Omi's and planned a menu with them. The catered food with the waitress staff was so good that we did not even notice the staff as they went and served the food and drinks. Everyone enjoyed the food and complemented it. THe food arrived with burners and was hot all through out. They even catered the hot Jalebi's we wanted to be made in front of the guests.
We will always be going back to Omi's for the food and catering as I am sure this the best you can get, the taste and the service

OmisManagement, Manager at Omi's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Customer,

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your meals and your subsequent catering booking with ourselves.

We take great pride in providing fresh and authentic Punjabi food and service which is attentive but not overbearing.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Omi's Restaurant

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have been dreading writing this review as I don’t want to share my little secret Indian with the rest of the world. What stands out here are the little things, the Daal demonstrates to even the most ardent meat eater why Veggies are happy and that is before we talk about the Pilaf Rice; I would be more than happy with three courses of the stuff, none of your dyed rubbish here it’s all proper and above all real.

Ok it’s a café bistro and there are no massive brass kettles or stained glass peacocks here. Everything is stripped away, its nothing fancy, it’s ALL about the food.

After speaking to the owners son (it’s a proper family thing here) you’ll find out about its history and try something I have only ever had in India and my god it’s worth it. Papri Chaat is something that does not make sense when you first eat it, slightly sour and sweet with crisp and crunch, it’s cheap and got to be tried just to say you have.

Now the rest of the food is great as you would come to expect from years of practice, the meat is perfectly balanced and tender - spot on.

My only moan over the years was when they sold out of Gulab Jamun, this was a massive shame so I had to make do with the Rasmalai, which was amazing… but if you have ever had Gulab Jamun you’ll know what I mean.

I am English but grew up in India and Sri Lanka; I can tell you that Omi’s is second to none.

1  Thank Keith_What78
OmisManagement, Manager at Omi's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy your visits to us.

We work very hard to make sure all our guests enjoy our food and service.

Iam sorry to hear the Gulab Jamun were not available for you. As we blend our own spices and make our traditional desserts fresh in small batches they do sometimes sell out in busy periods.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Omis in the 1970s 80s and 90s provided the best food. Especially their pakoras, samosas and their chutney containing grated carrots and onions. Unfortunately although omis extended their restaurant downstairs and upstairs have a hall for parties to hire out, the service has gone down hill and food is nothing more than a a average. I bought 10 samosas recently which i found to b smaller in size than and more expensive. i also found some soggy paper stuffed in one of the samosa which i wasn't too pleased about. Because omis has been owned outright by the owners they out goings are minimal and the chefs have changed over the years and you hardly see any of the owners there anymore. This is very disappointing as once upon a time omis was a great place to eat at. My friend went to an engagement at their upstairs party hall and was very disappointed as they only had 2 waiters who where running upstairs and downstairs to serve food which in the end when it did finally reach your plate was cold. Although omis is a potential gold mine with a little good management, better staff, chef and service it can be a gem. There's much nicer places in southall to eat at.....which is a great shame to omis which was once a great place too.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see we didn't meet your expectations on your visits to us.

We make our Samosas and chutneys,as with all our food, to our original recipes which we are extremely proud of.

We are sorry to hear you found a foreign object in one of your samosas. We hope you brought this to the attention of the staff on duty and this would have been dealt with in an appropriate manner.

We are also sorry to see you think service is lacking, our front of house staff are trained by us. We would appriciate if you could ask for the manager on duty so we are aware of the situation.

We appriciate you don't see all the owners at the front of house as much as you used to, and again if you ask for the manger on duty when you come in next we will be happy to explain why. We can also discuss our restaurant's finances with you if you are concerned about this.

With upstairs functions, the guests who are paying can have as many or as few waiters as they want depending on their budget. We try and accomodate everyones budgets.

We hope this answers some of your concerns, and for a further chat,asmentioned earlier please ask for a manager who can speak to you and hopefully make your experience with us a lot more pleasurable.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Had the bhatura and chana fresh at melas in ealing. Great hot out of the oil and with a beer. Regular at the restaurant but being outdoors is a bonus.

OmisManagement, Manager at Omi's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review.

It is nice to hear you visit us regularly and that you enjoyed our outdoor offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

If there is anything we can do to make your visit more pleasurable please ask for the manager on duty anytime.

Thank you for your valued custom.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I dont want to write anything bad .. but last time we went there we did not like it.. service was ok but the food was'nt.. what a shame, we use to go there so much but not any more, it wasso quite there, I remember it was my dad's fav place.I dont even see the owner any more & that shows in there quality as well.( I actually miss going there.. I hope there bring back the lost glory..)

2  Thank Princess M

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review.

While we are glad to hear that on your last visit to us the service was provided to your expectations, we are sorry to hear that you feel the food wasn't.

As a small family business we take great pride in providing fresh home-style food which keeps our loyal customers coming back to us time and time again.

I hope you will give us another chance to show why we were your dad's favourite restaurant. On this visit I would appriciate if you could make yourself known to the manager on duty, as we need to know what it was about the food that you didn't like. This will help us put things right in the future. This will also be an opportunity to explain to you why you don't see the owner on duty anymore.