“Change of management but not for the better...”

Mehfil Indian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Southall
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mehfil is an award-winning, critically acclaimed restaurant established in 2003, since then it is a most sought after fine dining destination for many. It has brought a million smiles by serving authentic north Indian cuisine with warm hospitality. Delightful aroma and outstanding flavours of our food are created by an age-old traditional method using only the freshest and finest ingredients.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

So, our regular Indian has had a change of management, change of menu (complete with higher prices) and change of waitering staff... My previous review was glowing! We were always made to feel most welcome here with all of the old staff welcoming us in each time - I used to leave 25% tip for the impeccable service and scrumptious food! Alas that has now gone along with some of our favourite menu options... The atmosphere is now a little cold and the food has become high priced and just above average quality... I would still dine here but not so often - I am more likely to frequent a more local venue...

MehfilMgmt, General Manager at Mehfil Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for visiting Mehfil and for your kind feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and we are disappointed to know that you feel your recent experience with us was not a positive one. Like any evolving organisation, we too are moving with our markets trends. Our chefs and management have worked tirelessly together to put together a menu which has been driven by public demand. Whilst we appreciate that some of our dishes may be missed we urge you to try our new dishes which are equally as tantalizing and exquisite in taste. We would like to have the opportunity to showcase our new menu to you and show you where and how we have improved our services and hospitality.

We look forward in welcoming you at Mehfil again soon.

There are newer reviews for Mehfil Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was our fave rest for last 10yrs and as a reg customer cekebrating bdays, Christenings, Hiky communions, Anniversaries, Valentines day today on Mother's Day we were soooo disapointed with the new staff and the lack of care and attention from all the staff inc what looked like management. It was not busy, so no excuse for waiting to order even a drink. There are new menus..A lack of some of the old dishes, Rach dish is now Overpriced and fatty meats and chicken dishes, we will not return :-( Bye Mehfil..you have let us down.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

i have been to this place first time and it was such a wonderful experience. the staff and the manager was very polite and the food was so so delicious showing true colors of Indian food, i was surprised with the superb service standards and efficient staff. me and my girlfriend was enjoying meal but we noticed that there were 2 ladies creating problems for the staff and the manager there. It seems that the ladies intentionally came to the place to spoil the name of such a good place and we were shocked when they denied to pay the bill and the manager was requesting them again and again to pay the bill. It was a wonderful experience but it is our advice to those ladies please do not visit such a good place and spoil the name as it seems they were doing intentionally and thanks to mehfil for such a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The best garlic naan I have ever had, I have eaten in the best restaurants in the world, and nothing beats this place, perfect!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Mehfil offers good indian food for a reasonable price. The lunch deal allows one to have a wrap, tandoori meat and naan or a thali for 5.95. For what you get this is really good value and the lamb sheekh kebab wrap I had was delicious.

Other reviewers have said the service was not great, but the staff on my visit were polite, knowledgeable, however, the food did take a while to come.

On the whole, worth a visit, I will certainly be back - will be ordering on the phone before I arrive to ensure the food is primed and ready to go when I arrive.