“Typical Pakistani food with typical attitude”
Review of Mirch Masala

Mirch Masala
Ranked #24 of 98 Restaurants in Southall
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went on a Saturday night with three kids and the missus, Ordered a few dishes including the mixed grill. It was hard to decipher who the staff were in the restaurant, as they wear no uniform, or name badges, or look remotely interested in serving you, which match the decor including chipped plate and dirty cutlery and soiled seats! At one stage we did the bet that if no staff came upto our table within 10 mins we would leave, typically male then appeared took our order and left food arrived and was slapped down on the table one hot plate of Chana left on the very corner of the table by my 6 yrs old devil possessed wayward arm, luckily the water spotted my disgusted look and after making the few painful steps back picked it up and placed it in the middle of the table.however the food on the whole was good apart from one mutton boti which had gone off, one of the boys spat it onto the plate saying it was awful which was ironic as I had just eaten another which was fine and tender being the typical Pakistani Dad I picked it up almost shouting at my poor boy tasted it saying theres nothing wrong with it to promptly spit it out, it was obviously off !
Southall has changed so much , this place hasn't , normally we do not eat here Alastair time was about 2 years ago, if you are just off the plane from Karachi and feeling really homesick them come here. Everything you would expect in a mid range restaurant in Karachi is here, confused uninterested non uniformed staff , all mostly unshaven and untidy depending on their age , chipped plates , cheap cutlery stained and cheap wooden furniture, in essence though the whole meal only cost £40 that's for 5 , 2 adults 3 kids, it may sound like a fair deal until you realise that the owner are not charging cheap prices their price range is medium to high and for the standard provided there are many other places very close by that serve equal quality and quantity but at a far better standard with a far superior service for the same price. Quite disappointing really, won't be retiring for another year until the memory fades again, there are better places that cost the same if not less with far better service and with afar better venue

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went to eat as was staying nearby. Asked for the specialty and everything was nice. However, I would rather go to one of the other restaurants nearby which were much more satisfying.

1  Thank Ferdy9
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant in Southall , the place is large and clean, busy on a Friday night but we didn't wait for long to get our food. The king prawn masala was very tasty and the chicken zalfrizi as well. The service is good and the prices affordable I recommend it to everybody who likes curries

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The best Pakistani cuisine I have ever try ....and a competitive price!!. I was there last year in October for a company diner and I was amazing .me as a professional Spanish chef recommend mirch masala to every one

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Ive been to Mirch quite a few times now and every time I go, I say to myself, let me give them another chance....because their food is decent! Every time the service has been crappy to say the least.

So, I went yesterday for a meal out with the missus and daughter.We chose Mirch thinking, perhaps things have changed as been ages since we last went and based on our last experience.

I could list all the issues that I had with the service starting from being ignored by the staff to setting of the table and even no attention when leaving..... I pay for a service....I expect a service.

so just pointers really....:
1) expect to be asked 2 or 3 times "are you ready to order?" when you are clearly still looking at the menu. Then when you Are ready....the chap who takes orders (amazingly the only one!) is busy taking another order. yesterday one table hadnt even had menu's yet and they were asked if they were ready to order!!
2) try and determine which of staff "look" helpful. and I wish you luck with that!
3) expect the food to be simply put on the table without care of whether there is space for it or not
4) Dont ask for anything extra once you've been served with everything.
5) and lastly....when asking for a bill, expect to be ignored completely a couple of times.
6) dont sit in the middle of the restaurant under the Aircon....its most probably going to give you a heat stroke!

Probably the worst visit yet in a restaurant that serves decent food and wants you in for your money and out asap!! Regardless of how busy they are.

Thats the last time I ever go!

1  Thank AbdulKasmani