“Positano Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I cannot praise this restaurant enough. We have just spent the most wonderful afternoon in the company of 8 other family members where we treated to the most fantastic food. We were already impressed with the food and we're anxious for our extended family to give the restaurant a try. Without fail everyone who attended the afternoon was highly impressed with the food, all of which was beautifully seasoned and excellently presented. This Italian restaurant is needed in an area with an oversupply of places to eat Indian food. Everyone should be beating on the door to eat here. Go on give it a go! It is also good value for money considering the quality on offer.

2  Thank MandM G
Donato610, Head Chef at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

There are newer reviews for The Plough

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I visited Positano last night with my Italian class. Having been a Southall resident all my life, I was convinced we would have to go further afield to find a good Italian meal. I was wrong. The Plough is a lovely historic pub and a great setting for the restaurant. We had the place to ourselves, being mid week, and I think we will return on other nights to see how the atmosphere changes.

The food was excellent, well cooked and was served promptly. We did not try the antipasti, preferring to sample the desserts. However, Donato sent us some bruschetta, olives and savoury fennel biscuits, all of which were delicious. I had the gnocchi with mozzarella and a tomato sauce, which was lovely. Our teacher (an Italian and a cookery teacher) had the paccheri, which she said were perfectly cooked. The slow cooked lamb and potatoes was well cooked, and (pardon the cliche) melted in the mouth, as did the cod. All the food was presented well, but the presentation of the cod was particularly attractive.

Our desserts were also excellent. The cannoli are served with a wonderful pistachio gelato, made on the premises (our teacher was particularly impressed "the best pistachio ice cream I've tasted outside Italy"). The torta caprese is served warm and is very tasty. None of us are big fans of baked cheesecakes. I think next time we would all stick to the Italian desserts (personally, I want to try more of the gelati!).

The prices are reasonable, for the quality of food that you are going to get. We found that Donato's wife, who served us, was attentive, friendly (and patient with our Italian).

There are family photos on the wall which add to the atmosphere. As one review suggested, some might find it a little cold temperature wise, but we were near the chiminea and were cosy.

Will definitely be visiting again with Italian family.

4  Thank SBD1980
Donato610, Head Chef at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We always work hard to offer good food and efficient friendly service and I'm so glad your visit was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing again soon. Ciao

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This pub has been my local on and off for 30 years, we have moved back to the area and although we love the pub we had been put off the food before. When Donata took over the food things changed for the better. The food is always first class and the steak is the best I have had!
Derek has always been a great host and along with the food this really is a must try Pub.

2  Thank steveHarlington
Donato610, Head Chef at The Plough, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Where do I start!.....
Firstly my starter of soup was salty and luke warm...
The main meal...two tiny pieces of potatoes..overcooked parsips..cold like sticks made of rock..
not sure how there can be more stuffing than there is 'meat'! manufactured processed meat not even a carrot ...not sure what kind of roast that is! the portion sizes are pathetic
...Its freezing there so bring a coat and thermals!

Complaints made from my party ...which were't really acknowledged ...no apologies ..no offers to rectify the problems
staff not very attentive :/

2  Thank fooddd123

Thank you for your review. We work very hard to offer good food and friendly service, I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was our first visit but definitely not our last. The service was friendly and very helpful. The food delicious. We had the seabass ravioli (perfectly cooked) and the stuffed squid. Both very tasty and beautifully presented. There were lots of little touches that made the evening special for example Chef Donato came out to our table to greet us and make sure that everything was ok.
This restaurant is a real find in this area. Highly recommended.

4  Thank PhotoSarah

Thank you very much for the positive comments. Its always encouraging when customers acknowledge the hard work of our team as its what we aim for. We look forward to seeing you again soon.